X-TERRA ON SALE TOMORROW AT ANACONDA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that on the beach you will need to change the setting quite a bit on the beach with the 705. I have one and am learning that you will need to change sensitivity when going from different types of sand like dry to wet. I bought a 15inch WOT coil which is DD and it has reduced the false signals by 90% and covers more ground than the stock dual coil pack. I have tried running in prospecting mode but it seems to whine and groan too much so I stick to coin and relic mode. I think you sometimes need to take the plunge, I did and love the detector that I have chosen

my brother bought a x terra 305 today . i'm over the moon. no more sharing & he'll be even keener to head out.

trashmagnet said:
edit.. sorry tom I just seen that you said you MIGHT get one, if you want to do a lot of beach detecting there are better machines than the x-terra for beach work.

Hi Trashy,
Ended up buying a 705 Dual, RR around $950, some dealers advertising for around $880 so $749 was too good to pass up.
Won't be getting a 'serious' unit till next year (retirement) so thought this would be a reasonable training tool recognising it's gold finding limitations. Will use it mainly around a few ruins that I have earmarked and probably down at the beach during lunch at work so limited beach use). Will probably also help my understanding etc. when I take a tour/lesson in the new year.
Have 3 grandkids that will appreciate it when Im through with it.
Regards Tom.

good luck with it tom. hope you find something good. you'll have a blast out there looking.
just a word of warning though, this hobby is very addictive once bitten your done for :lol:
looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
regards trashy

I just bought the gold pack, too good of a price to pass up. Thanks for heads up Banksy.

I knew joining the forum will get me something of value. ;) Unfortunately it wasn't the yellow, that will be next.

I bought the 305 yesterday for my 12 year old son. Just have to wait for Xmas to give it to him (so I can use it).

DAM YOU SMART PHONES.... :8
he has seen it on his phone, and now knows what he is getting for chrissie.. :eek:
but he is very happy.. :D

Hey Banksy,

If you see this sale again in the ACT can you please let me know?

That is a very very very good price, I would love to grab one!

How are you going with yours around the ACT region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts