WTB - wanted Gpx 5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Im looking to get my first detector and i want a GPX5000 the top end of my $$$ will only be $5000 if anyone can help me out drop me a line

In a brief chat I had with a guy the Gpx 4500 has a bigger depth than the 5000 is available somewhere around that price point if you can find one. The Gpx5000 is set up for shallower depth yet optimised for smaller gold. I always thought the 5000 offered better depth but no the case.. Hope that helps

Ill give them a call tomorrow $5500 is just a little out of my price but think i could come up with it and the 4500 will do deeper but not the small stuff any have more info on that thanks

The 5000 is also a lot quieter than the 4500. With the right coil a 5000 will go deeper then a 4500. Found this out when a friend with a 4500 asked me to help him look for a metal plate to an underground diesel tank on his property near Mudgee. It was over a meter deep, the 5000 found it with ease. His 4500 did not until he put a huge coil on it, then it found it but it was a lot noisier then the 5000.

A very big thank you to nugget for the info on the GPX that was for sale it's now on it's way to my to my place and I can't wait to get my hand on it I won't stop panning or highbanking as I love getting in the creeks and getting wet and muddy

Mate that is fantastic. Did you tell them who referred you ;)

Im sorry i didnt but when it shows up ill call them and drop your name and your site

Its ok mate, I'm not on commission or anything. Just might be good for the forum if they knew we referred them a customer.

NFDU are actually a member of this forum :)

Some more members would be good so I'll do what I can to put the word out about how good this new is and how helpful I've already told the boys at work to jump on . And how do I PM people I can't see a inbox or anything

One more post to go mate and all will be revealed :)

Private messaging is unlocked at 10 post.

One more post best I make it a good one ummmmm I don't have anything just very happy to have got hold of a GPX 5000 from NFDU was great to deal with them over the phone very nice and helpful people

Hi littleazza....Don't let anybody tell you that the 4500 goes deeper than the 5000. Ive got both and have done numerous depth tests in every type of soil there is. There is no depth benefit from either machine....The big difference is in how much more stable the 5000 is. You can distinguish deep targets more readily with the 5000 because they are at least 20% superior in noise reduction.
At the end of the day they are both great.....but if you can afford the extra get the 5000....You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts