Would you buy a lease, or going in shares of a lease?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ded Driver said:
Chief Financial Officer ;)
without doing the numbers on it I had guessed at around a couple of $K/yr, so that's a bit cheaper than I had figured ... first half Oz has fess covered then, unless you score a lease of barren ground

if ya not goin to work the ground and want a base in an area a 10ha P or SPL over an EL is the best option,where looking at pegging one,we have permission to detect some nearby company leases,fees all up,$356 to peg it then $29 per year rent. :Y:
only problem i see is with 10ha is maybe running out of dead mulga to park next to for the fire. lol

Jaros said:
Looks like you would have to be very lucky or REALLY research your selection very well!!
Even saying that it is a cheap holiday following your hobby. :)

You can allmost forget about getting hold of good ground around Kal jaros,the good rich areas are done or held onto,coolgardie-kal is very rich country,still some nice gold shows up,its a testament to how rich it is,god knows how much gold has been detected in this area the last 40 odd years.....

We pegged a lease just north of here at Tuckanarra. It was a small patch that came vacant right amongst other prospecting leases. In our case we've simply been too busy to get there. We've not seen it since the day we rode around it on the quad and pegged the corners. It has a great little dry creek running through it and good gold about the area but until I get a bit of spare time I'll never know if it has good gold or not. A mate from Busselton is into panning and planned on coming up and testing the creek but he's like me, no time to spare.
We'll most likely sell it off before we get to walk across it with a detector :)

Not if you time it right, plus while it's pending you can camp and detect there yourself until your hearts content.

Usually you would have done your best to clean up much of the easy surface gold anyway

shakergt said:
Peg your own and then watch everyone else pick up all the surface gold when it goes to pending

it's like a plague of locusts around here when something is pending......thing is...you don't peg ground to get surface gold anyway.

Latest posts