Would this Beat the new NSW regulations on Highbanking

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AussieChris said:
Bazz I had the same idea, so built the box to size. I think I would have a conniption fit cutting that stuff down to try fit it. With a heavy duty pump, cant see why a square of dream mat would not work, that stuff sure loves water but it would only be a small section, this stuff comes in approx 290mmx290mm. Will see how it goes without it first though as you want to be right at $56 a throw.

Yeah I was very lucky with the pump I grabbed from a garage sale, I noticed it in the paper on Sunday morning, they had started Saturday morning, got there to find it still sitting there in the box.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...08451469_gold_cube_front_corner_view_800x.jpg

AC

I went with 1ft x 1ft or 310 mm x 310 mm so I could use a strip of nylon, rubber, wood or whatever to fill it out either side of the dream mat, the length wouldn't be an issue.

My big question is, using the Jacobs r/b as a model - where is the best place to use the dream mat The top directly under the classifier or the bottom and use expanded metal on the top.....

Sorry RF, it's rude to hijack your thread

Cheers

Bazz I'm thinking top mate, but it would be unproven as the intermittent water and the side/side action might altogether hamper the mat. Might ask Dustin if it would be viable. I think in the bottom you want to create a semi-fluid bed like Jacobs suggests. Plenty of playing around yet will work it out.

Bazz said:
MikeB05 said:
Rockerfeller,
this is a plastic version of the same rocker box in use by member Yobskin from Qld. Yobs has an aluminium version with 12 inch dream mat in the bottom tray and bilge pump operating a spray bar...US version seems to be an exact copy.. It's all legal in QLD and has received blessing from QLD Mines. Although it's a pump we deem it OK in QLd cause it is a hand operated tool.

People in NSW have been talking about rocker boxes for a while but we have had this system up here for years via Yobskin's ingenious work.

Seems to me it would meet the requirements of NSW. :)

Hmmm! not sure if old mate invented the "Rocker Box" they bin around for a long time
He probably came up with plastic version... you how know they are with details and the facts ]:D

Not only has Yobskin got a rip snorter of a rocker, I also built one from a version I saw on the university of You Tube

Mine works well and I hear Yob's is a goer so it might be worth a look, but the cost might be prohibitive, a couple of sheets of aluminium and basic tools will get you one

Cheers

Just watched the video, he does not claim to have invented the device and states that it based on 1850s design, the Women's voice introduces him as an inventor. ;)

Tathradj said:
Just waiting for Parliament to start again from
the Xmas/New Years Break. :Y: :Y:
Stay Tuned.
Wait you mean our Polis aren't working 24/365?
Actually I'd be ok with it if they drew their pensions and super the same way....Caviar one day, beans on toast the next..

rockerfella said:
No worries Bass, Im absorbing all the info.
Its interesting to see what Aussie dog puts in his and why
http://www.golddog.com.au/http-/www.golddog.com.au/gold-cradle-rocker-box
Interesting to hear any thoughts
Cheers guys

I have been quietly watching his products for a while, the 33" pup sluice seems like a great entry-level product considering the limited number of local manufacturers these days, Sluicy seems to have bowed out and left a void for entry level stuff, not bad for $99.50 and I like the swinging riffle. A good option for someone starting out or for kids. You still have an Eldorado in a similar price range and of course, Gold Rat's 6" mini cell. I don't really know of any other Aussie manufacturers? how about you guys? Of course, you have the DIY option but you will need a few tools, some know how, and also will need to chase down mats etc and some metal sellers refuse to sell you anything but a full sheet of aluminium. So it's good to have ready to go products.

Some of his other gear looks a little-overpriced considering fairly basic fabrication. You would want to watch dropping $675-$730 on a trommel only to find Ranger Smith writing you a ticket, risking having it seized the first time you had it out.

I really like the idea of the Pocket Mat, would love to test some out, might grab a section to try out in the back end of a river sluice, would really like to try some in a banker, back of the box under some raised punch plate (moonlight expedition maybe) more stuff to add to the pile.

I must be hiding under a rock somewhere........

First time I have seen this product .... got to say "I'm loving the mats, I'm just about to order one for the lower box, still like the dream mat for the top box, best of both worlds
Cheers

Some of you blokes need to get off the keyboard and just read some stuff instead of spruiking all the time.

Go to the thread called Rockin Yobskin...its in this forum and one topic above this one today.

Stop typing shit...go have a read and start at page 1 and you will see a Qld version that you could actually make without a contest to re-invent the wheel.

Meant in good faith but geez some of you blokes are so focused on expressing your own point of view you ignore what's in front of you

MikeB05 said:
Some of you blokes need to get off the keyboard and just read some stuff instead of spruiking all the time.

Go to the thread called Rockin Yobskin...its in this forum and one topic above this one today.

Stop typing shite...go have a read and start at page 1 and you will see a Qld version that you could actually make without a contest to re-invent the wheel.

Meant in good faith but geez some of you blokes are so focused on expressing your own point of view you ignore what's in front of you

there's no need to feel left out mate, chin up..

MikeB05 said:

Stop typing shite...go have a read and start at page 1 and you will see a Qld version that you could actually make without a contest to re-invent the wheel.

Is this the " Everything is bigger and better in Queensland" post...............Hardly??????

Uncalled for as well!!

Ha Ha a bunch of sensitive people suffering from 'not invented by me' syndrome

The premise of this topic is would a rocker box of the types shown (plastic one from the US and aluminium one in Qld)...satisfy the NSW Regs on highbanking.

Short answer is 'Yes'

MikeB05 said:

Mike,
Have a chill pill mate or dont follow the thread. I was getting a lot out of this.
Also crampo has a nice designed rocker box as well.
Mark

MikeB05 said:
Ha Ha a bunch of sensitive people suffering from 'not invented by me' syndrome

The premise of this topic is would a rocker box of the types shown (plastic one from the US and aluminium one in Qld)...satisfy the NSW Regs on highbanking.

Short answer is 'Yes'

Just to clarify, there is no ban on highbankers. The ban is on the motorised pumps, just like it is in your part the world.

Tathradj said:
Correct.
Banned the use of pumps as they are a mechanical device
attached to a Highbanker.
Don't give up yet.

Interesting Doug, I'm not up to speed with all of this but are you able to draft water to a container or 2. IE 1000 litre IBC (industrial Bulk Container) and then hook the pump up to your high banker from the IBC/s with the discharge returning the water back to the water source. I'm sure if it is possible it'll upset the regulator's to some degree but if it makes you legal :Y: go hard.

RM Outback said:
Tathradj said:
Correct.
Banned the use of pumps as they are a mechanical device
attached to a Highbanker.
Don't give up yet.

Interesting Doug, I'm not up to speed with all of this but are you able to draft water to a container or 2. IE 1000 litre IBC (industrial Bulk Container) and then hook the pump up to your high banker from the IBC/s with the discharge returning the water back to the water source. I'm sure if it is possible it'll upset the regulator's to some degree but if it makes you legal :Y: go hard.

I honestly think that would be 100% legal, even using a petrol pump to pump the water into the containers could be legal, I think the regulators were only carrying on about the pump being attached to the highbanker.

It would be difficult though dragging in all that gear and containers.

You'd only need a trailer and access to the water source then set up in a suitable spot. Cart the container/s in empty. Worth looking into the regs to clarify the pump connection or is it the drafting of water to the high banker. I see it like tax legislation a new regulation sometimes creates a new loop hole if you look into enough. If there is a loop hole and it makes you legal go for it because if any regulator in a personal capacity high banks you can bank on it they'll use it every day of the week. If the ban is based on the drafting of water to the banker I'm pretty sure the wording want apply to filling a container. If this is the case then it could be deemed a gray area IE loop hole that could (edit) allow you to operate.

I'm interested to hear how you fella's go worth your rocket builds, keep us posted...

Latest posts