Would give my left and possibly right nut to get ground like this!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, pretty strict laws in Israel. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia outlining the law on antiquities.

"When an antiquity is discovered or found in Israel, it becomes the property of the State. The person who discovers or finds an antiquity is required to notify the Director of the Israel Antiquities Authority within fifteen days of the discovery or find. A person claiming to have discovered or found the antiquity before the development of this law is required to provide proof. The Director may waive State ownership of an antiquity in writing.

No person is allowed to dig or search for antiquities, including the use of a metal detector. No person is allowed to gather antiquities unless the person has obtained a license to do so from the Director. If a person is found on an antiquity site with digging tools in his/her possession or nearby then the person is presumed to have intended to discover antiquities."

She did the right thing, hard as it must have seemed at the time, an Uzzi in the ribs woulda loosened my death grip on it had i'a been in her high heels. :p :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :8 8) :cool: ......... ][ :mad:

The history and the significance (so rare etc) is worth more than any $ value.

With Israel and the manner it was found, would ensure you get some recognition....

I bet that area is now subject to some more focused searching......

AngerManagement said:
The history and the significance (so rare etc) is worth more than any $ value.

With Israel and the manner it was found, would ensure you get some recognition....

I bet that area is now subject to some more focused searching......
Yeah, it'd be different if it was just a big nugget, to my mind finders keepers, but that coin, wow, maybe priceless in monetary terms, but so much more valuable in it's historical significance, i'd be itching to share it with the world if i found it, whether i was rewarded or not.
But can you imagine the headaches you'd have if you did try to sell it?

Latest posts