Working Holiday and Detecting Down Under!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Nice forum you got here. I'll be moving to Melbourne at the end of January, then traveling around Australia for the rest of the year. I metal detect quite a bit, never really prospected much besides some panning in California. I'm American but have lived in Dubai for over 20 years. I can't wait to find some new coins and some gold! I've got an equinox 800 on the way, been swinging an at-pro for a couple years now, and have a Sand Shark for the beach. I recently got more into water detecting at the beach and hope to hit yours pretty hard (sorry locals, the gold is calling me :lol: )

Any advice on a new water machine? I've gotten a little sick of the Sand Shark and all the iron trash we have here. Maybe your beaches are cleaner and it won't bother me. I've also paid for that detector a few times over now and am thinking to upgrade to a deeper PI.

Can't wait to soak it all up, hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys and join you for a hunt. The history in Australia doesn't date back like some places, but it sure seems interesting. I wish I had more youtube videos to watch, sadly I am running out haha.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll run your guys ears out on other posts so I'll leave it at that.

Welcome there Hookka you will have a great time down under and the nox will do its job for you Let us know where you are as you go as there are a lot off us all over the place willing to help out
Roy

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll check out the anfibio, to be honest I keep seeing it around but never really gave nokta's a look. I'm really curious about the fischer manta, but want to use something in the meantime. I could have left the country by the time it is released.

G'day Hookka welcome to PA get up 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups there good fun. Can't help you with the beach detecting but others will no doubt. All the best when you get settled and and get amongst it.

Latest posts