wish me luck

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnethawkins

kinda obvious wouldn't ya say?
Reaction score
Discovered a new spot about an hour away from here whilst studying an old metallogenic map.
Apparently its an alluvial site similar to the dry area Chinees diggings near dubbo, and the best part is even the locals are unaware of its existence :lol:
going out there today for a bit of a test sweep, hopefully it pays off, gettin tired of exploring deep mine areas and bringing home dust :rolleyes:
wish me luck eh!

I'll be surprised if the locals don't know about it, the Dubbo club was very active when I was living there. ;)

I think you guys misunderstood me, i meant the diggings where LIKE the ones in dubbo, the location i was at today was near coolamon, and 9 outta 10 people will tell you there has never been a gold mine in the area and the other 1% don't know where lol. Anyways the trip was extremely exciting followed by extreme disappointment lol.
Thought i had found 13 nuggets which after washing them proved to be seriously mangled bullets 8.(
i also found a large SOMETHING, it looks like a nugget, but it is silver and only ways. 5.5 grams, will post a picture when i get it clean

Thanks guys, i was gonna head out again today to try panning for some smaller stuff but unfortunately its been raining all morning and knowing the kids the trip would end poorly lol

Also i forgot to mention i figured out what the light silver nugget was, melted aluminum, dropped it in hcl to find out and wished i hadn't, seriously strong reaction and went black, shoulda left it, looked cool silver and woulda looked good on display :|

Latest posts