Wild weather overseas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
In the 40's in Queensland, snowing in Tas. :8

Are you Dinkum about Tas ?

Over here I prefer the weather to go below 0*c because then it won't rain, When it rains here it can do for weeks but not as hard as it does in Aus, But the cold is fine if you wear the right Gear,

I am just trying to break In a new pair of boots but I had to take them off because they were too hot wear indoors, Seemed like a good idea at the time. :( :(

Jaros said:
29deg at 0830 this morning-supposed to get to 34??????? :(

Well it's warmed up by 1* now at 23.15 it's now 4* here and where my brother is it is 2*c ,

Scotland and the North of England should see Snow tonight,

It was 3*c here at 12:00 lunch time, So it was time for some thick Beef and Veggie Soup with a few spoons of Hot Curry Powder just to get the internal body temp up which warms up the Blood Flow, ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

Today where I am tonight showed our max was 21c. But it was actually 29.
Tomorrow they say it will be bad in central Vic. Last time they said so I threw out a warning but it actually came to half of what the BOM said. Yesterday fishing was very very odd. Was for 15 to 20 kph wind from the south.
But when we were there it chopped and changed madly. Id be casting into a southerly of about 15kph, 5 mins later it would drop to about 5. Then nothing. Few minutes later you'd hear like a train or something and look behind to see the trees top branches lean and now it was a North blow which was easy 30 to 50. You'd be casting against the wind, then casting with it and gaining 10 meters from minutes ago. Was like we were in some weather vortex for an hour. Crazy, never experienced that before from opposite directions.
Tomorrow, which is now as I type is a warning. Last warning I saw came to nothing. I do hope this does too. But if not, dont park or camp under dead limbs people. Better safe than sorry. Yep I know the BOM does throw out some Chicken Little warnings, is this another? Better safe than sorry. Stay safe guys.
1607087248_screenshot_20201204-235148.jpg

1607087353_screenshot_20201205-000824.jpg

It's a balmy 2*c here at the moment, and they had Snow up North yesterday, I hope we get a heap of it here, Nothing like a good Blizzard to clear the Air, lol. :cool:

Jaros said:
At 0530 it was 26 deg. Did not have a good sleep at all. :8
At midday it is 33 deg :awful: :8 ]:D

Last night It was between 12.6 to 13.5*c in my bedroom And I got up about 4 times in the night, Ever since I had the bypass I have had trouble with my legs over heating, Above 20*c and I have a lot of pain, There is a lot of nerve damage from my Ankles to my knees,

Damn! It was nuts where I live! Started out about 10 to 20 kph till miday Saturday...then bang! Winds by our home weather station hit 120kph gusts! It was mad! Followed by rain. Everything covered by the rain was dust covered. Then huge dust storm! Could not see for further than 3 ks. After 2 hrs dropped. Good? Nope, hour later it went nuts with by our readings up to 130kph. We were I admit scared. Blew a tile off our roof but others lost much more and we were lucky. Anyone see what hit Horsham? Tornado there! Seriously a mad weather system cut through Central Vic Saturday and Sunday.
Im so happy we took the rain water pipe off of the tank just before it hit, the dust storm was crazy! Took the pipe off and blocked the intake. Our patio was covered in red dust from the Vic Mallee as was most everything outdoors.
Last time I didnt listen it took 4 weeks for our drinking water to clear from orange to clear. Which also when I tested was crazy upper limits of alkaline! Yep I test regularly for limits. Normaly we have just below 7 ph.
Was no chicken little forecast this time it was crazy!
Hope all here in the bush were safe. :Y:

At 13:00 / 1pm it was 3*c outside and 11.2* in the house and even colder in the bathroom :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's grey and cloudy over head, If the sky was clear it would be a lot colder, :D :D :D

Any coin or treasure hunters around Byron Bay :eek: better get in quick after tomorrow's king tide that's if there's a beach to hunt :argh:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/environment/flood-warnings-issued-for-southeast-queensland-northern-nsw-as-la-nina-event-worsens/news-story/628adc30852c7a6baad5776ab4f3a150

That sure is some serious erosion, just a weather event though like all of them. Seems a few of the tie dye gang think that governments throwing money at the coast will prevail over mother nature :rolleyes: get off the grass.

RM Outback said:
Any coin or treasure hunters around Byron Bay :eek: better get in quick after tomorrow's king tide that's if there's a beach to hunt :argh:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/environment/flood-warnings-issued-for-southeast-queensland-northern-nsw-as-la-nina-event-worsens/news-story/628adc30852c7a6baad5776ab4f3a150

That sure is some serious erosion, just a weather event though like all of them. Seems a few of the tie dye gang think that governments throwing money at the coast will prevail over mother nature :rolleyes: get off the grass.

Probably have a few guard rails mixed in with all that sand and goodies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts