Wild dogs and prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Now Id recommend using your pick if attacked though it is a rare occurrence and if that warrents a banning feel free!

Of course it doesn't warrant a ban and yeah I've spent a lot of time on large properties hunting as well but I won't be talking about my exploits killing critters on here.

I'd recommend using my pick if attacked as well, though we don't need to hear about killing them with the pick.

Anyway we don't want the kiddies who read the forum getting nightmares.

Yep Boggs, and the dogs is something I do have a bit of knowledge about, I had to do a course in baiting and trapping. Every dog is gpsd and blood samples taken and sent off.

We also knock horses and camels out here and then get damn stupid flipping prospectors who dont even have the decency to let us know they are here abuse us, shove a camera in our face threatening to put it on FBook and report us to the police.

Guess what? We have to under penalty of a huge fine if we dont. Dont like it? DONT COME!!!

Yep maybe shouldnt have posted the pic, my bad. But I make no apologies for the pic. I dont like shooting much of any living creature, Im not a hunter. I do it because I have to. Just maybe making light of the situation is my way of dealing with a sometimes unsavoury thing that must be done.

The dog had dodgey things done to it? It was dead! that make it sounds like I was having damn sex with it!

madtuna said:
The dog had dodgey things done to it? It was dead! that make it sounds like I was having damn sex with it!

Righto Steve I'll edit my previous post just so it doesn't sound like errr ummm what you just ummm said. ;)

There are lots of people that get offended by killing animals of any sort.A year or so ago I got grilled by 1 or 2 members for not being welcoming to snakes around my house and Children..lol..

Yeah that's just plain wrong Steve ................... after all you can get those blow up things for that :eek: ;) :D :D

Very true. Like I said before I have never seen any prospecting but I have seen them at other times and had a run in with them once or twice. I had one scratching on my tent in the territory trying to get to my 8 week old daughter in the early hours of the morning once. (cue the dingos got my baby jokes) Not long after when I was speaking with a local in the place this happened he told me of one that dragged a 12 year old girl out of her tent only a few days before my encounter.

Heatho no need, and mate you have my respect thats never changed and I apologise for going off and yeah maybe I shouldnt have posted the pic.
But mate sometimes its better letting people know what does go on out here so the frigwitts can choose to stay at home rather than get all offended when the get out here and see a poor pony brutally annihilated or puppies indiscriminately slaughtered.

madtuna said:
Heatho no need, and mate you have my respect thats never changed and I apologise for going off and yeah maybe I shouldnt have posted the pic.
But mate sometimes its better letting people know what does go on out here so the frigwitts can choose to stay at home rather than get all offended when the get out here and see a poor pony brutally annihilated or puppies indiscriminately slaughtered.

All good mate, I have no problem with your shooting stories and such either, but piggy doggy hybrids hmmmmmmm.

I know you have some tough days dealing with all the stuff that goes on out there.

A couple of years ago with a tour group I had two follow my dog the lovely Miss Elvis and I for well over a klm back to camp. The unnerving thing was half the time I could only see one as the other one was flanking us.

They only left when everyone else came back to camp.

Can hear wild dogs every night I camp up here. Rarely see them. One good reason I never take my girl, they call out to domestic dogs, then kill them.
Buffs are a bit scaryer than dogs, I accidently snuck up on one when I was in the "zone" got to within Bout 30-40m of it, smelt it, stopped and looked around, it was uphill from me, and watching me. Slowly backed off, and went the other way, they can be extremely aggressive, they are not just a cow or bull, and will charge you.

Yep scrub bulls and cattle scare me more and have some good scarring to remind me why.
Cows I find are worse than bulls as a bull will shut his eyes just before he hits you where as a cow will keep her eyes open so can counter your move.

In Viet they still use them for tractors and the farmers have them well trained. Have had a ride on a few and damn they are one big strong animal and to this day will pull things thru mud that many tractors wouldn't budge or be bogged down.

Ya need to learn this for the buffalo ................ let me know if it works ;)

1521698553_buffalo_salute.jpg