Widgets' Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

First time out tonight, not great unfortunately. Found my first coin ($2), as with a 10c and 5c piece, + a bunch of rubbish. Will have to try a new spot.

loot_zpsbc3xmsnb.jpg

That larger solid looking piece I think is copper. Not sure if it's worth anything or just chuck it.

Anyone else experience issues finding a ping, only to dig and the ping is no longer detected lol :(.

Will keep this thread updated as I find more stuff :) :Y:

Ghost signal ,.... tiny target that has been there a long time with break down halo in the soil ,... halo enhances signal with target ,... once the soil has been disrupted around the target the halo dissapears and the target remains but the signal is too faint to receive anymore. :)

That's the way,keep graphing :Y:

Remember if it is not in the ground you cannot find it :)

Pick your ground which you will get better,just think where people - sit - gather - take their clothes off - etc - etc - you get the picture :cool:

silver said:
Ghost signal ,.... tiny target that has been there a long time with break down halo in the soil ,... halo enhances signal with target ,... once the soil has been disrupted around the target the halo dissapears and the target remains but the signal is too faint to receive anymore. :)
Not for the ctx 3030 , the target signal remains :cool: :lol:

Danny13 said:
silver said:
Tough luck Dan ,..... digging whispers mate ! :lol:

silver said:
Danny13 said:
silver said:
Occasionally , usually turns out to be a piece Of micro junk or micro jewelery that's been in the ground for eons , I picked up a junker on my last hunt , I knew it was tiny as soon as I disturbed the soil and the signal would disappear and reappear when I changed the coil angle . Anyways another piece of junk jewelery to add to the collection :rolleyes:

Danny13 said:
silver said:
Danny13 said:
silver said:
Occasionally , usually turns out to be a piece Of micro junk or micro jewelery that's been in the ground for eons , I picked up a junker on my last hunt , I knew it was tiny as soon as I disturbed the soil and the signal would disappear and reappear when I changed the coil angle . Anyways another piece of junk jewelery to add to the collection :rolleyes:
Yep, a lesser machine will just lose them everytime ,... but only go deep on the bigger ticket items (some loss of smalls without a keen ear and a good grasp of signal knowhow though).
;) ;)

I
silver said:
Danny13 said:
silver said:
Danny13 said:
silver said:
Yep, a lesser machine will just lose them everytime ,... but only go deep on the bigger ticket items (some loss of smalls without a keen ear and a good grasp of signal knowhow though).
;) ;)
Never a truer word said Silver :p

2.15% covered on the cost of outlay already....Another hunt and you'll be better doing better than than the banks on a term deposit.

Look forward to following your progress bud.

went out last night... terrible night 8.( . Thought I would have gotten more coins as the big parks occasionally has school sports days there :(... but only found junk :N:

20170624_175247_zpscaflo1kn.jpg

The coinds were,

2x 1c
5x 2c
1x 5c
3x 10c
1x 20c

mostly can tabs

Think I'm going to have to move to a more populated field...

That location looks to be plenty populated going by the junk finds, reckon I would be heading to the beach on the dry sand for a more relaxing time (that is if the beach is close by). ;)

Just have to persist, and I'm sure you will find that honey hole that others have overlooked - all the best. :)

Hi all,

Sorry about the pictures above Turns out photobucket no longer allows uploading images unless you pay them $400 per year now :/. Ill probably just use the built in file up-loader or imgur from now on .

So I went out over 2 nights... terrible again. Starting to think the town I live in is full of tight arses, lol :p. Found 20c and a bunch of junk.

1498827589_20170630_180912.jpg

1498827589_20170630_180923.jpg

1498827589_20170630_181356.jpg

One of the pics shows some pieces, though not %100 sure what they would be made of...

spoon - doesn't seem to be rusty, could it be silver? or more likely stainless steel

larger flat piece down bottom - doesn't rust, looks to corrode (white). Easy to bend/fold, I thought maybe lead(?) maybe something else?

small silver piece - probably steel or something, though has some weight to it for such a small piece.

bronze/brass cup - pretty sure it's a cone from a bong...

Cone ,... residue in spoon ,... just watch your back when out detecting in your neck of the woodspark (and your wallet lol).
Speaking of things happening, a youngish fella eye'd my cash n deposit book as I was entering the bank, walked through the doors with me n all the way up to the lineup at the rear of the bank, telling me of his bad times while eying that wad a cash, he was ready for a snatch and grab, could tell it a mile off, he was salivating at the thought of it ,.... woulda gave him some money if it wasn't all to be spoken for, n I did look for him once I got out n back to the car(I had some moolah in there), but he had dissapeared like foul air through a fan and was nare to be seen. I'da bought him a feed n a drink if'n he'd a hung round a little longer, but I'm thinking he was an icehead lookin for an easy touch, n was off n away once he'd shown his hand (so to speak). Was brazen too, just saddled up beside me for the walk into the bank straight past security and the floor workers that meet greet n help out if they can, he just acted like he was one of my own walking into the bank with Dad, an once he knew there was nothing in it for him he about faced and melted out the door just as fast as he had came in. :eek:
Anyway Widget, be carefull out there mate ,... in fact, everyone should keep an eye out out there (and in the banks lol) :Y:

Thanks Silver :) :Y: . Had another look at the spoon, are you referring to the light gray in the middle, or all the burnt area? The light gray just seems to be the metal of the spoon, like a coating on the spoon flaked off.

Where's I'm located, lived here for 15yrs, never ran into trouble.. then again, never really venture out at night :p. Always leave my wallet at home too, just in case, but will certainly keep an eye out for potential threats :)

Any idea what the large bit might be?

looks like a smack heads spoon i think its most likely stainless than silver and thats definitely a cone its good for brass scrap, as long as they keep losing their goldies youll be happy just stay safe out there druggies usually tend to steal to feed their addiction have heard a many stories of detectors and sluices go missing over the years

the large bit is most likely lead, its usually very malleable and the salts come out over years and turn/leave a white powder, the welded bits on old lead light glass does the exact same

Latest posts