Why would ya???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz

Buzz
Reaction score
Recently I've been taken more notice of a lot of road side cut outs, there's one not far from me on a country road about 3m height has Red dirt, slate and a small half inch wide Quartz vein running down it, hard to notice unless slowing down, so I decided to pull over and wave the detector around it today and someone has taken the time to place down the sides and crevices with small pieces of wire. Why would ya? it's not even on anyone's property it's on a road side. And no there wasn't any yellow detected.

Yeah dwt I thought that but the 3 pieces I pulled out where cut the same lengths about an inch long and stuck into the slate , maybe I'll go back and have a thorough look around ;)

Were they placed in the Sides and foliation fissures along the parallel to the visible vein in the cut?

If so it may be a ploy to put off weekend hackers with GPX5000's if they have believe they are onto a payable reef. (it may not be a vein but a leader)

Can you follow it out of the cut into surface level ground, and are there any signs of recent workings on this ground? Both directions.

;)

Metamorphic said:
Were they placed in the Sides and foliation fissures along the parallel to the visible vein in the cut?

If so it may be a ploy to put off weekend hackers with GPX5000's if they have believe they are onto a payable reef. (it may not be a vein but a leader)

Can you follow it out of the cut into surface level ground, and are there any signs of recent workings on this ground? Both directions.

;)
Hey Meta yes mate placed along parallel to the vein, didn't notice any ground workings but I did notice that the same visible vein is on the opposite site of the roads cut out as well, love to know where all the in between fill went :D since it's on a very quite country road and a safe distance off the road to pull over will have a good look next time. ;)

Latest posts