Who makes the most money out of beef cattle.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some local butchers and butchers that slaughter and transport their meat in Coolroom trailers sell at great prices, like $4.60 - $7.00 for beef but you need to buy a whole beast or half a beast. Same goes for lamb and pork and prices are much better than Coles or Woolies and the taste is local, you can't beat that. Just get a couple of mates together and get your meat at bulk prices.

Uncle Bob said:
Some local butchers and butchers that slaughter and transport their meat in Coolroom trailers sell at great prices, like $4.60 - $7.00 for beef but you need to buy a whole beast or half a beast. Same goes for lamb and pork and prices are much better than Coles or Woolies and the taste is local, you can't beat that. Just get a couple of mates together and get your meat at bulk prices.

It is a great idea, has been in for a while however it is mainly suited to the small producer or the producer or feeds a certain ration and is very good for the customer. This would not be suited to the larger producer who turns of thousands of cattle per year, in this case 10,000 head are considered small numbers.

Cheers, DD.

busted knuckle mining said:
just look at the market trends for this year and you can see how much cattle has gone up.
http://www.mla.com.au/Home
cattle this time last year was around $3.40 this year $5.60.(eastern yearling cattle index)

May have something to do with the drought in qld, numbers are down. That is what I think.

Cheers, DD

ahhh no,hear the problem.
china has the money now, china is buying any cattle station that come up for sale, they are part owns in many abattoirs so the meat price you see now in the local butchers/ supermarkets will not be coming down.
http://www.theland.com.au/news/agri...hinese-investors-on-buying-spree/2744443.aspx
they will own the cattle, own/share the meat works, own the boats.

Yes it is going to be interesting where this is going to end, like it says people are waiting to do deals. This has only been going on in the last few years however the producer has been getting poor returns for who knows how long.Who knows exactly how primary production will be going in Australia in 20 years time. Who knows how we as the consumer will be buying meat in 20 years time.

Cheers, DD

No one from overseas(including dual citizens whose primary place of residence is overseas) should be able to actually own anything in australia :mad: ,... I think it should be Lease only(even then, with definate restriction restrictions). :(

Can i sidetrack this a little bit ? Figured most primary producers were reading his thread now. How much are you paying for 4x4 round hay bales out west if theres anyone on here that buys feed ? Pm me please so it doesnt change the direction of this thread anymore. And if anyone thinks this post shouldn't be here let me know and i will delete it

madworld said:
I love the fact that my weekly shop costs me more so my food can be certified to a religion i dont follow

I've been avoiding that brand for quite a while now...... Thankfully it's labelled. I love Vegemite but don't eat it anymore. 8.(

Yeah i spend a fair bit of time making sure i dont buy certified halal products, but it gets tough and sometimes im in a rush and get caught out on a couple of products.

Heatho said:
madworld said:
I love the fact that my weekly shop costs me more so my food can be certified to a religion i dont follow

I've been avoiding that brand for quite a while now...... Thankfully it's labelled. I love Vegemite but don't eat it anymore. 8.(

Try Dick Smiths Vegemite.
It took a couple of bites to get used to but I won't go back to Vegemite.
And it's Australian. ;)

Uncle Bob said:
Heatho said:
madworld said:

Try Dick Smiths Vegemite.
It took a couple of bites to get used to but I won't go back to Vegemite.
And it's Australian. ;)
We buy Dick Smiths for the same reason.

just look at the market trends for this year and you can see how much cattle has gone up.
http://www.mla.com.au/Home
cattle this time last year was around $3.40 this year $5.60.(eastern yearling cattle index)

It comes down to supply and demand when it's dry and no feed and water around everyone gets rid of their stock so the market gets flooded and no one is buying except for the retailers and the cattle are in not that good condition so it drives the prices down then we get a good rain period and feed comes back so all thatgot rid of they're stock wants to re stock so there arn't many cattle around and everyone wants them so the price goes up so the ones that could stick thru the bad (not that many cause feeding cattle is bloody expensive) got out a little better than others

Latest posts