WHO IS SELLING THEIR MINELAB DETECTOR?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grubstake said:
Treasuredown said:
...I'm a coin/relic guy and not into gold etc. I'm looking to detect parks and old habitated sites. I live in Minchinbury in Sydney's western suburbs and have already identified a number of potential sites I'd like to check out. I'm leaning towards a Minelab as I'm told they are better suited to the ozzie conditions (correct me if I'm wrong).

For your purposes, Minelab detectors are not really better suited to the likely conditions than the non-Australian designed brands. Especially given your limited budget, there will be a variety of used Whites, Garrett, Fisher and a few other brands that should suit you equally well.

The only thing I don't like about the American detectors (Garrett etc) is they display in USA coin denominations. From the video's I've watched, you really need to know what the numbers mean on these machines.

Treasuredown said:
KarlS said:
Hi Tresuredown.
I have been detecting around the area where you live for few years. I detect mostly for current coins. The parks and sports ovals are littered with lot of metal junk and soil is in most of places only 2 to 4 inches deep. Unless you have access to some old buildings, there is not many pre decimal coins to be found. Most of area around here was farms not so long ago. I use Minelab X-Terra 705 and to me it is very good detector for conditions around here.
Karl

Thanks Karl!

Then it's a X-Terra 705 I'm looking for. Coming from a local to my area, this kind of info is invaluable as it relates directly to my surroundings and needs. Thanks buddy!

If you going to get X Terra try to get it with 10 x 5 DD gold coil. Because of amount of junk around here it it much better on discrimination between close targets then 8 inch concentric coil. The 6 inch DD coil is even better.
Karl

I just need to find the "Best Offer" option on eBay. You could bid or just PM me on the forum here (or eBay) if you're interested in this one.

Cheers mate.

MrCornford said:
I just need to find the "Best Offer" option on eBay. You could bid or just PM me on the forum here (or eBay) if you're interested in this one.

Cheers mate.

Thanks mate,

However, $500 is my budget and I wouldn't insult you by offering that for your gear. I wish you all the luck with getting top dollar..

Cheers

Annaconda down here In south australia has 25% off everything store wide tomorrow starting at 9am

Latest posts