Who here loves music?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I may be a little behind the times, but a friend of mine recently recommended a music service called Spotify. After more than 12 months of I'll check it out, I finally did and it's awesome.

What is Spotify

It's a music on demand service that has just about every musician / band you can think of, you can listen to entire albums online for FREE (up to 10 hours / per 24 hours) or pay a monthly subscription for extra features (such as unlimited and offline listening). It's also really good at recommending music based on your listening habits.

How to get it

There are a couple of ways to use it, online or via the app (PC, Android and Apple)

I'm not affiliated with Spotify in anyway, I'm just a big music fan and thought I'd share this fantastic service with you guys :)

Let me know what you guys think about it.

Nugget.

Thanks Nugget.
Will check it out.

A couple of ways I listen to music....
An App called 'Tunein Radio'.
You can search for online radio stations from all over the world.
Search a genre, eg, classic rock or heavy metal. Or an artist and it will find a station that plays just that type of music.
Listen to your fav local stations when your away from home.
I'm sure there are other radio apps as well.

http://upchucky.com
Upchucky may be for those who prefer older music.
Again you can search for genre and artist.
It also plays some of the video clips for the songs.

Cheers

Ramjet

It's funny you say that Rod, my excuse for NOT using Spotify all this time was "but I use TuneIn Radio" (which I use regularly) :lol:. It is a different service, although it does have a radio component.

Thanks for the links nugget! Great forum also, we know what a green thumb means! But how about that old bond classic for all us prospectors, gold finger!

Nugget said:
You're a cold man Balx, very cold lol
haha, I use the Playtube app on android its great and its free, also caches the music so you can use it even without net access.

Balx said:
Nugget said:
haha, I use the Playtube app on android its great and its free, also caches the music so you can use it even without net access.

Yeah, Balx next time we are camping we going to play some techno for you. Ha Ha Ha I know you love it. :)

Beagleboy said:
Balx said:
Nugget said:

Yeah, Balx next time we are camping we going to play some techno for you. Ha Ha Ha I know you love it. :)
Only if you bring the glow sticks beagle.

Balx said:
Beagleboy said:
Balx said:
Nugget said:

....and some ribs that will not fit your Webber. LOL

Beagleboy said:
Balx said:
Beagleboy said:
Balx said:
Nugget said:

....and some ribs that will not fit your Webber. LOL

lol geez you blokes are funny

pity nobody likes my style of music ... sniff ;)

Tune in radio allows you to search so I typed in gold prospecting & a heap of talkback shows came up where prospecting was discussed.
Something different to listen to...

Ag man - good post. did the search thru itunes podcasts - got some beauties, cheers for post!

My last album actually made quite a bit of money on spotify, not sure why though, that album SUCKED, listening to it today i am so ashamed of it, just goes to show some people will listen to anything lol

Ag Man said:
Tune in radio allows you to search so I typed in gold prospecting & a heap of talkback shows came up where prospecting was discussed.
Something different to listen to...

Some great stand up comedy to be found as well.
Like a radio station plays a 3 or 4 minute song, the comedy stations play 3 or 4 minute sets by one comedian then move on to another.

Tunein radio is excellent. I run it on all my devices. Nothin but the seventies, framingham boston. Just good music and no adds or interuptions. Listening to it now in Bangkok

Anyone got Goldfinger programmed into their 5000 to alert them to a find ..... Much better than those buzzes and beeps.
Next big innovation on the GPX 27000, and remember you heard it here first :p
Cheers Tom

Latest posts