Whites TDI Pro Oz Series "STRIKES GOLD" for Liz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see there are other options out there that work in our conditions, looking forward to some more finds. :)

G'day Guys,

Just an update to my first go at metal detecting. Picked up a nice 5 gram specie yesterday to a depth of about 9 inches. Wal is really impressed with how the Whites TDI (and also his wife) is performing. TDI certainly handles the WA fields extremely well with my smallest piece pushing the scales to a mere .17gram.

Spending only about 3 hours per day detecting for I have other boring task to attend to like cooking, washing up and tidying up the campsite. So far 12 nuggets for me in total, Wal's averaging close to an ounce a week and no unfortunately no braggable size nuggets yet.....We live in hope.

Got lots of good clips for the videos and hoping to get some more. Won't be able to edit/upload until we get back. The temperature has gone down and is now a pleasure to do some digging for those targets.

Cheers to all,
Liz

Thanks for the update Liz, it's certainly a good wrap for the TDI Pro and I look forward to more updates as the trip progresses. Please say hi to Wal for me and you both take care.

Cheers,
Nugget

Wow' well done Liz the big boys won't let you spend anymore than 3 hours a day as you would make them look bad! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see a total finds picture!

Nice job guys, look forward to hearing more about your trip. You should buy paper plates, cups and knives and forks chuck them in the bin, no washing up, more time to detect. :) good luck with the rest of your trip and travel safe. Cheers, Rick

Hey Liz a big well done again' just out of interest iv read in a few different posts that the TDI with a small DD coil is a lot more sensitive and sharper on small gold, do you have a small DD coil coil you would be able to test for me before I go out and buy one? Would be interesting to see'

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Hey Liz a big well done again' just out of interest iv read in a few different posts that the TDI with a small DD coil is a lot more sensitive and sharper on small gold, do you have a small DD coil coil you would be able to test for me before I go out and buy one? Would be interesting to see'

Hi Zuke,

We don't have any DD coil as I'm running Wal's GPX 5000 mono coils. Just let me say that the 8x6 NF is extremely deadly on small nuggets and I have picked up nuggets as small as .08gram and would recommend it any day. This coil pings small sub grammers with ease and leaves the whites concentric coil for dead.

Cheers,
Liz

Thanks Liz I will test a small Dd when I can tho it sounds like you have it under control I can't wait to see a photo when you get home! How's Wal's new bike going?

Latest posts