Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d say this still is the norm, picked, sent to Canningvale markets and boomeranged back.
I remember a mate with a mango farm saying he couldn’t sell direct, I think it’s an equal competition thing.
It’s amazing how equal competition always seems to be to the benefit of one party in the transaction.

Yep i am on my soapbox again. A very large supermarket chain has decide to take Norco products off there shelves. Norco, for those that don’t know is in Lismore, northern nsw and was involved the the recent floods that destroyed the place and it has only been in recent months that they have reopened and started manufacturing/ processing milk products again. To quote Derrin Hinch: “SHAME SHAME SHAME” on you South African owned company.

Yep i am on my soapbox again. A very large supermarket chain has decide to take Norco products off there shelves. Norco, for those that don’t know is in Lismore, northern nsw and was involved the the recent floods that destroyed the place and it has only been in recent months that they have reopened and started manufacturing/ processing milk products again. To quote Derrin Hinch: “SHAME SHAME SHAME” on you South African owned company.
Not so:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolworths_Group_(Australia)

You're thinking of this mob, which has no connection with the Australian supermarket chain of the same name:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolworths_South_Africa

Australian owned Woolworths are doing it:
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103515582
Norco milk & other products (ice cream made in Lismore NSW) is being removed from all Sydney Woolworths stores 🤬
The ice cream is being replaced by overseas manufactured products & the milk will make way for more space to Australian Dairy Farmers + Riverina milk.
Upper cut to a company trying to regain it's feet.

We buy milk from Coles, and, have noticed it goes off much faster than it used to. It used to last well past the use by date ,but now sometimes doesn't even make it to that date. the fridge temperatures all tested good, so I turned them colder. That hasn't helped. Anyone else noticed this?

How can refrigerated dairy products be transported by ship or air over oceans and still be better for retailers to stock. Bring on full inland rail for cheap freight movements. (Sorry West Coast but that is another long term project.)
The tyranny of distances and low population has always been the Achilles heel of Australian businesses and competitiveness.
We spend billions and billions in support of welfare and the handicapped, but bugger all in support of our wounded industries which would actually provide a real economic return.

Last edited:
Australian owned Woolworths are doing it:
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103515582
Norco milk & other products (ice cream made in Lismore NSW) is being removed from all Sydney Woolworths stores 🤬
The ice cream is being replaced by overseas manufactured products & the milk will make way for more space to Australian Dairy Farners + Riverina milk.
Upper cut to a company trying to regain it's feet.
that's it mat ,they busted a gut to keep their workers and get the factory up and running then the usual shit with the big one this time ,give it a week or 2 and the other one should follow suite that's how they work

we have a local dairy(baffle milk) here ,that iga decided they did not wish to sell their milk ,i know one of the managers and he said the milk sales took a massive hit when they took it of the shelves
the community is a little bit tight for company's to pull that here and they are suffering

i still buy my milk on the way home at a little private supermarket that carry baffle milk even though i pay a fair bit more than $1.00 a litre
and it last more than a week in the fridge

depends where you live wily
you will more than likely find it is reconstituted at the end of the line somewhere
a bit like most of our fresh bread here from the supermarkets
turns up here frozen at the storage shed and the thawed out for the days sales for the week
we are lucky if a loaf of bread lasts 3 days here before it is growing in the bag
if it is not put in the fridge then you get 5 days max if you are lucky

don't slip mackka ,i may not be here to catch you mate 😂
but keep climbing on it 👍

Make it make sense.
The bureaucrats are farming the majority of people at this point.
All too obvious.

Taught my sons bush mech. We can change our engines etc if our utes ever need them. Radiators, susp bushes, shocks, bearings, clutch, prop univ, starter... we've all done them all through the years. My 4x4 is from 1990, my trailer 2004.
Does that signal I am in the modern ute market, at all, ever? Nah.

I think there are thousands of others just like me. I take a look at strangers and what they drive as a guide to how they tick. I would never waste that much money on a dedicated EV ute. We'd use that size money to buy acreage or something else longterm before 'all the mod cons' type over taxed utes.

Coles and Woolies:

as mbasko had mentioned in earlier posts that we have to vote with our feet for any change
well if a enough information is put out there the public may swap from convenience to shop to the farmers markets

a bit of a insight of how they operate with the growers
there are thousands of acres of produce sprayed out every year ,as it is cheaper to spray it out than pick it and dump it

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-13/does-a-supermarket-duopoly-mean-more-food-waste/103559734

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on SS. My wife mentioned that the price of bread had dropped from $4.40 to $4.00 a loaf but another item that was $3.80 is now $4.20. It would be impossible for anyone to track discounts and not fall for the old three card trick. If we had a farmers market close, I would definitely shop there.

Spot on SS. My wife mentioned that the price of bread had dropped from $4.40 to $4.00 a loaf but another item that was $3.80 is now $4.20. It would be impossible for anyone to track discounts and not fall for the old three card trick. If we had a farmers market close, I would definitely shop there.
the same with unit pricing mackka ,the accc brought that in to make it fair for the customer
with how the supermarkets manipulate prices
to make certain items seem a good buy until you see the unit price
now we have a big (e ) for estimate ,so if the product is not the full kg, gram or litre how do you work out the unit price especially when you have zero idea of what weight is in the jar, packet or bottle
just look at how many people have weighed their meat from the big 2 and in some cases they have been down by 2 to 3 hundred grams ,WHERE IS UNIT PRICING ON THAT ACCC do your job and make them have net weights put back in place

the same with unit pricing mackka ,the accc brought that in to make it fair for the customer
with how the supermarkets manipulate prices
to make certain items seem a good buy until you see the unit price
now we have a big (e ) for estimate ,so if the product is not the full kg, gram or litre how do you work out the unit price especially when you have zero idea of what weight is in the jar, packet or bottle
just look at how many people have weighed their meat from the big 2 and in some cases they have been down by 2 to 3 hundred grams ,WHERE IS UNIT PRICING ON THAT ACCC do your job and make them have net weights put back in place
Maybe you need to get your head around what that "e" mark actually means, before talking about having zero idea of the weight? It has a definite meaning, so the unit pricing will be valid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estim... also,permitted tolerances in package content.

Latest posts