Which way to go 4500 or 2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cando

Noel
Reaction score
Which way to go 4500 or 2300. I will be using it mostly SEQ to Gympie gold feilds and the yearly 4 week holiday trip somewhere. The 2300 is a killer on small gold apparently so if I was 8 inch coil on the 4500 would it do small gold aswell? They both cost about the same sub $4000.. I'm just trying to work out the best way to go ... I'm leaning towards the 4500... and may be a Gold Bug or gm 1000..
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

The 4500 with a 8 inch coil I am thinking the SDC will do better on the smalls but I have used a 14x9 evo on my 45 and was finding smalls at a good depth for the size regards john :Y:

Nothing will match the SDC all round with an 8inch coil.

In the 8inch coil world, SDC is RULER.

It has found me small and big gold, from .24g to 16g nuggets. And impressed me with depth for 8inch coil.

I had the same choice, and I am glad I went the SDC route. Got me gold, and plenty of it. I had a little to do with it too. And luck. :)

Goldini said:
I found flakes down to .025g with the gold bug 2... Very impressive.

In the hot ground I have been working over I doubt that you would be finding anything that small. But then again, I never say never.

Good find though. Impressive indeed.

Just another 40 of them and you will have 1 gram. :)

It's a case of win win with those two really.

Maybe just consider the type of ground you'll be covering. If you'd like the option to cover larger areas in less time, maybe shoot for the 4500. Add a Sadie or similar coil to it and you'll still be able to find some very small gold in tight spaces. Add a 15" Evo and you'll be covering a lot of ground, and punching quite deep indeed :)

Don't know about Qld, if Vic/SA based I would go with a 2300 for the golden Triangle detecting. Whether you find a spec or a gm its still a thrill, and to me more thrills with the 2300. The 45 is a great machine ( I sold my 45 for $2600 from memory now have a 7K, wife has the 2300 and her 45)

Peter

Latest posts