Which coins to keep or are of value

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Doing some research on what coins are of value(any coin) so when i did them up i don't spend them or if pre decimal dont sell them by the kilo.

I looked on here but the info is all over the place.

Has someone go the info in a spreadsheet or on a webpage that has ONLY the rare and special ones(i.e mistake or limited run).

It would be handy guide to have with me when hunting for coins.

many thanks

Mixo

Ha ha. The one's that I don't find are the expensive one's! Can't help ya much apart from that!

yes guys i can google it and I have seen videos on which ones too look for.

I was hoping someone already has done the research and has a simple guide on which coins to look out for.

Looks like I will have to make my own...

mixo

I have a queen Elizabeth the Second 1952/ 1977...Tristan DA Cunha , Twenty Five Pence ,

And a couple of others that one day I should look into.

Goody :)

was wanting to take something with me especially now I will be on holidays and wont be on the web as much.

That all coin site is huge.

Just means the misses not going to be happy with me siting in front of the computer for hours looking up what "hot" coin I should keep.Especially before xmas!

I know about the 1966 wave 20 cent coin, and some double headed 5 cent coin...

mixo

Mixo,there are countless coins that are worth keeping,(error coins,rare coins ,low mintage)I just don't know of any super list that lists all of them.The link I put up for example shows the 1914 shilling.If you look at the values of it,even in just very good condition it is worth $10,I would class that as a coin to keep.Check out the uncirculated grade $1400.Put it on your list of coins to keep.

Got a 1930 penny that's an early clever fake , I've had some fun showing this around over the years , if there is any interest I'll auction it off on here .

1545130562_1930_-1.jpg

1545130595_1930_-2.jpg

Goldpick said:
Here is a pretty easy website to navigate, hopefully it is of some use to you:

http://www.aussiecoincollecting.com/australian coins- decimal.html

Yes I do like this a lot from the quick look i had.

All i'm going to do is a quick list of coins that are of interest. Keep those aside till i can check in detail.All spendables will be given to kids to spend on anything they want!

Everything else(1 & 2 cent/ pennies) I assume will be turned into copper sold by the kilo?

Do you guys keep all your coins?

Also I dont think I will find anything that is mint under the ground or beach? I am Assuming the beach kills the value of coins?

mixo

mixo said:
Goldpick said:
Here is a pretty easy website to navigate, hopefully it is of some use to you:

http://www.aussiecoincollecting.com/australian coins- decimal.html

Yes I do like this a lot from the quick look i had.

All i'm going to do is a quick list of coins that are of interest. Keep those aside till i can check in detail.All spendables will be given to kids to spend on anything they want!

Everything else(1 & 2 cent/ pennies) I assume will be turned into copper sold by the kilo?

Do you guys keep all your coins?

Also I dont think I will find anything that is mint under the ground or beach? I am Assuming the beach kills the value of coins?

mixo
sure do all coins go into the collection and 1 2 dollars go into a bucket last count was around 2250 dollars

people drop coins every where they go you can find some good spots and you can do real well both pre dec and current

in Regards to decimal coins , there is very few

2010 50c piece with the reverse side not aligned

1966 20c piece with the wavy line at the base of the number 2

Latest posts