Where have been your better areas?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Without giving an "x" marks the spot, where have been the areas that have produced the most gold for you?

I'm only new to the game, with only about 50-60 hours of detecting under my belt and have been to Whipstick, One Tree Hill, Heathcote, Mt Disappointment and Taradale, with Heathcote being the only place where I've found any of the yellow stuff.

Hill End has been a mixture of pleasure and pain for me, but as it produced my first unaided nugget it is my favourite spot.

waanyarra - not mine but a mate's

1420882868_waanyarra_nugget.png

casper

docjohnson9 said:
goldtruck59 said:
docjohnson9 said:
Goldtarget said:
Where are you based?

Outskirts of Melbourne mate, why's that?

Because he was probably going to recommend or suggest somewhere near you, mate. :rolleyes:

Aye... I wasn't being a smart arse, if someone wants to recommend an area, that's fine with me.
Hey doc yes that was why I asked. I can pm you a few gps cooords that wouldn't be too much further to travel than you have been. If your coming from Melbourne then the triangle is probably your best bet, there's a few tours that will give you a few pointers too around there. Once your of and running with technique, there's some great maps made. The hard part about asking for areas on a public forum is a lot of guys are reluctant to even steer a bloke in the general area for fear of the extra attention a place can get after the fact

Yeah I know what your saying Goldtarget, though my intentions weren't to try and find out peoples best spots so I could go and detect there, more so just a bit of fun to get some conversation flowing.

I definitely wouldn't be against you sending me some coordinates through a PM mate, I'm always up for getting to new places.

Latest posts