wheelies and detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These orange things they call ktms are the reason I've spent so much time in the bush and developed an interest for prospecting and mining history. Here I am on my last bike (350exc-f) doing a few wheelies for my bro to test out his new camera. I didn't need much persuasion I must admit.
1430720079__img_000000_000000.jpg

I'm back on a 2 stroke MX bike now which isn't exactly ideal for putting around with the misses and looking for spots to detect due to fouling plugs. (Probably partly due to recent top end rebuild)
I just bought a gpx 4500 today and I'm hoping to find enough gold to have a wedding ring made for the misses. She wasn't overly keen on me spending so much on a detector until I said that. Makes me wonder if I should have been a salesman haha.
Not many things excite me as much as a new dirt bike or riding them, I must admit though, Im keen as to get out with the 45. With or without the bike :)

Nice one there Walshie...never mastered the wheelie myself, I always had the fear of flipping the thing ontop of me. Hope that 45k finds the yella soon enough to make that ring. I'm actually saddened that I can't use the same excuse on my missus....we are already married :|

1430720786__img_000000_000000.jpg

Here's the 2 current bikes, can certainly get to the diggings in record time haha. I consider myself a lucky guy to have a girl that enjoys putting around on the bike and who shares a new interest of prospecting with me. Happy days!

Thanks mjb . Yea the wheelie can be tricky to master. That's what I miss most about the injected 350. Effortless wheelies with such a linear smooth power curve, unlike my angry 250 2 stroke. I miss the effortless kilometer long wheelies however its pretty hard to beat the excitement of the 2 stroke.

Yea that's a bit of a bugger mate, its all about timing haha. Maybe try your luck at saying you want to find enough gold to make her a ring or some earrings with centimental value? Worth a shot to get that new purchase across the line haha

Now I've just gotta find enough gold to make that ring scrounger. I have no idea how much I'll need but she does have tiny fingers which plays in my favour ?

You actually think the size of her ring finger has any relationship to the size of the ring she'll be requiring? Good luck, with the prospecting and the ring, sounds like you have a winner with her.

Haha you make a good point. Well the engagement ring is out the way haha. Considering I can't fit her ring over the little knuckle on my little finger I'm guessing I'll need less gold to make her a ring as opposed to someone with sausage fingers haha.
I'll have to get out there and get swinging :)

First time riding a two wheel: Almost got a stake through my chest. Haha, I couldn't work out how to stop it, went over the bars and landed right next to a stake. (Didn't think that maybe if I eased off the accelerator it would slow down) Duh!

Haha it happens all too often. Stopping is more important than going a wise man once told me. Glad you missed the stake mate. I think people freeze up in the moment

MJB said:
Nice one there Walshie...never mastered the wheelie myself, I always had the fear of flipping the thing ontop of me. Hope that 45k finds the yella soon enough to make that ring. I'm actually saddened that I can't use the same excuse on my missus....we are already married :|
Play the special anniversary present card MJB. Plus in this day and age, ya can't afford not to have 1. It's worth a shot isn't it. Lol

:D :D
All you fellas make some pretty good points and since you seem to know the ways of women I think maybe you guys can ask my missus for the detector while I am hiding behind the couch taking cover :eek:

All I want is an SDC :)

Haha I don't think I'm game myself mjb. Maybe one of the others will take the front line.
An SDC would be awesome, I was tossing up between the SDC and a 4500 however the deal I got on the 45 is too good to refuse.

walshie1000 said:
Haha I don't think I'm game myself mjb. Maybe one of the others will take the front line.
An SDC would be awesome, I was tossing up between the SDC and a 4500 however the deal I got on the 45 is too good to refuse.
Yep I was tossing up between the sdc and the 5k, went with 5k. Only been out with it a total of about 7 days, as I live in SA. I haven't found any gold yet, but it seems to work well enough. Picked up a bit of rusty metal about 2 foot or so deep, so it punches into the ground ok, found 22 slugs and casings, and other assorted crap, it's just a matter of time before I find some gold......I've just about cleaned every piece of junk out of Victoria I reckon. Lol

Not sure when I'll be able to get back over there again, but that'll be trip 3. 3rd time lucky I figure. Geez I got the gold fever bad. I got the sweats, and I'm going thru prospecting withdrawals. Thinking it's time to run that hi banker in the backyard, and run that black sand thru the miners wheel. But god I want to load that exploder and go for a swing.

Sounds like its just a matter of time chewy. I dug my fair share of junk on the weekend just gone as well. Collectively we will have the vic ground dead quiet in no time haha. Can't wait to get this 4500 and familiarise myself with it and get out and find that gold!
A mate who spent years with a 45 who has now upgraded to a 7k is gonna give me a run down on the 45 at the beach sometime during the week. I am familiar with the settings after researching the machine however it will be good to get some hands on guidance from someone in the know. It will be good getting a steer in the right direction by someone who has plenty of gold to show for his efforts/knowledge.

Chewy said:
Not sure when I'll be able to get back over there again, but that'll be trip 3. 3rd time lucky I figure. Geez I got the gold fever bad. I got the sweats, and I'm going thru prospecting withdrawals. Thinking it's time to run that hi banker in the backyard, and run that black sand thru the miners wheel. But god I want to load that exploder and go for a swing.
Hey Chewy,

If you want mate I got acouple of buckets of river sand that needs processing, there will be gold in it but not much but maybe just enough to keep the shakes at bay :D
Come round and grab it if you want

Latest posts