What's Your Favorite Tent?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I looked at the Black Wolf Turbo Canvas Tents and my my they are very impressive..

I am just wondering whats your favorite tent and why?

Thanks in advance..

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Coleman instant up 4 man tent. Upgrading soon to the 6 man just because there awsum!

Are they canvas?

How thick is the floor? Is it a thin plastic or thick one like the wolf turbo?

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/...-Person.aspx?pid=224119&menuFrom=571575#Cross

works for me maybe 5 min set up time . I never use the flap thing but.

224119.jpg

Colmaca said:
I agree
Couple of friends that are avid campers when not using their caravans use the oztrail tourer10 plus. They have traveled the Simpson and are going to the Cape for 3 weeks found them quick and easy to use especially if you are doing short over nighters. I personally have used the oztrail domes only, they are not canvas but have been through heavy rain without any problems. My next tent will be the oztrail tourer, only because of the ease in setting up and packing away. :)

Mine has a plastic bottom goes up a little so keep water out. looks much the same.

They do take a bit more room packed up as they have the square top part 600X 600

Wolf' just thin plastic everything but have seen mine in 50mm of water and wind' even easier to pack down than up and worth upgrading to the larger 6 man

1406186984_image.jpg

I have the Tourer 10+ and find it great. Stayed in it for a month earlier this year and it handled everything the weather threw at it very well. Put it up in 15 minutes by myself. I also have the side pole kit, much better with the centre pole gone.

1406198624_camping.jpg

one pole tents have been around for years and are widely used on bus tours ect because they are so easy to use and pack up small for transport.. they also used to be made in one, two and three pole bigger versions... the guys are right .. they are brilliant..... frame tents are a pain and suck... :)

1406239229_image.jpg

This is my mates tent. It's a teepee he bought on line from USA for about $600. I love it. It is tough as nails and very easy to put up.

Roof top tent.
Pull up, ope fridge, take out beer put up tent in less than 5 mins one handed whilst still drinking beer , job done.
I leave my bedding set up in the tent and pack it all away so when arrive at next spot , presto tent and bed set up.
I used to have it on the van which is bloody high but now on the back of the trailer with camping and prospecting gear.

mmm, Pull up with the caravan,
lock the car,
unlock the van,
pull a beer out of the fridge,
sit down on the lounge,
open the venetian blind,

and sit there watching the guys with tents in the rain putting them up. :p

Doesn't take much time, but there's no rush...............

Latest posts