What's your favorite album/s of all time?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer385

Terry Rushton
Reaction score
Time for some more reminiscing all. What is your favorite album/s of all time.
Let's not narrow you down to one or two - feel free to go a little more if you want.
Mine, not necessarily in order:

Bat Out of Hell - Meatloaf (when he could still sing)
Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
Graceland - Paul Simon
Hot August Night - Neil Diamond
Piano Man - Billy Joel

I could think of many others that are so close....

Terry

ACDC -Back in Black
Rush - Permanent Waves
Def Leppard - High n Dry
Harry Manx - Dog My Cat
Buckcherry - 15
Scorpions - Sting in the Tail
Ray Wylie Hubbard - no particular album , my own compilation
Niel Diamond - Hot August Night

This is just the tip of a massive iceberg but certainly in the top part of my playlist
I have a very wide diverse collection of music
Probably like most people my taste changes through time. A reflection on life at that point i guess.

I wonder how many others will list Hot August Night... This was a favourite of my mums( when it came out) so i heard it a lot.
And i love it . I have raised many eyebrows and copped comments from my friends but i dont care ... I play it LOUD & PROUD (thats a Kiss pun) :lol:
I remember it being quite scratchy and she bought another copy. When i was about 18 there was a deal on the radio /record store? to swap old albums for a new copy on CD :D
Still got it ... Still play it ;)

I have 103 CD's by this bloke and love them all.

1438826556_capture.jpg

I'm with Sandta... Back in Black. Interesting mix there mate. ACDC and Neil Diamond. :D Both great albums.
Too many to list. My most recent favourite is the Pandora app/website. Whatever music you want, wherever and whenever you want. We often put Standup comedy on when sitting out the back.

id have to say OASIS - STOP THE CLOCk. would have to be mine.
however my father has some pretty cool consistent cd's
sting
billy joel.
electric light orchestra
bob marley
and the list goes on

Im with Ramjet & Sandta, AC/DC Back In Black, Angels Face To Face, Yes Neil Diamond Hot August Night (went to see him twice with mum who also had two Hot August Night albums).Also Machine Gun Felatio Paging Mr Strike and a few compelation albums made up of all MGF songs. Also like Pink Floyd, and my favourite old time song was and still is Dream Weaver by Gary Wright. oh yeah, and Stevie Wright as well (Black Eyed Bruiser).

Cracka.

Anything by Steve Vai....... I have about 100 fav albums, this weeks fav is Eric Johnson's "Ah Via Musicom". Wanna hear one of the best guitar solo's ever? Then listen from 8:10 then from 9:34. Also 14:24 is killer.

AC/DC, Angels, is all great rock n roll. Zappa, Floyd, many others. Another fav album is one I mixed for a young bloke I know, band is called Mandala, samples can be found on JJJ unearthed.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwscikTwJb0[/video]

Have all of these artist's albums on CD etc, and have seen about half of them live.
There are a lot of others but won't take up all the bandwidth listing them :lol:

Dire Straits,
The Highwaymen,
Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Australian Crawl,
Paul Kelly,
Waylon Jennings,
Metallica,
The Screaming Jets,
Steve Earle,
Crowded House,
The Beards, :p
The Waifs,
Stevie Nicks,
The 12th man, :D
The Rolling Stones,
Hunters and Collectors,
Midnight Oil,
Chocolate Starfish, (underated band by many),
John Fogerty ( CCR) seen him twice and brilliant!!!!

P.S. in no particular order and many many others.
Music is life! :cool:

Cheers and tunes,
Billy.

uno numero= EAGLES: Hotel California, Eagles,Long Road out of Eden,etc etc etc. :p
Janis Ian..At Seventeen..so sexy! sound
Billy Joel, Piano Man
Nickle Creek, The Lighthouse Tale
Andrea Bocelli...Sole' Mighty Sun!... Celine Dion..anything she sings :cool:
Fleetwood mac...Dreams.

Machine Head by Deep Purple was also one of my really really close ones as was Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.
Was also very tempted to put Patti Smith Easter in there as well.
Not to mention just about anything by John Mellencamp.
I am now an absolute Zac Brown Band fan. If you like country rock and haven't heard any of his stuff do yourself a favor and have a listen.

Terry

I am the same as most others. Too many to list.
In no particular order
AC/DC Highway to hell
Def Leppard Hysteria
Dire Straits Brothers in Arms
The Doors Strange Days
CCR Cosmos Factory
Jimmy Barnes Flesh and Wood
Cold Chisel 20th Century
Ian Moss Six Strings
Guns n Roses appetite, use your illusion 1&2
Slash all albums
John cougar most of
Pink Floyd. All albums
Mike Olfield tubular bells
The angles
Hunters
Crowded House wood face
That covers a few favs

Born In The USA - Bruce Springsteen was the first album I ever got into at aged 15.

Others in no particular order

Hot August Night
Anthology 1&2 - Beatles
Best of Cold Chisel
Barnstorming - Jimmy Barnes live
Platinum - CCR
Eagles - The Best Of
Ten - Pearl Jam
Appetite For Destruction & Use You Illusion 1&2 - GnR (probably my all time favourite albums)
Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Cornerstones - Jimi Hendrix
The Best That I Could Do - John Mellencamp
Remastered - Led Zep
Odyssey Number Five - Powder Finger
Greatest Hits 1,2&3 - Queen
Hot Rocks 1964 - 1977 - Rolling Stones

All of these Artists and albums have influenced me in some way in life and since learning/playing bass guitar from '96 my musical tastes have spread to most genres other than Rap, Hip Hop or Metal.

Explorer385. Thanks for starting this topic. Just as your movie topic got me watching some old favourites this topic has given me a huge list of music I haven't heard in a long time.

Latest posts