what's your best tally for the day?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
After nuggets clean out post it got me wondering about the coin shooters. Any answer doesn't have to be just a 24 hour period, I'm just curious mostly after bragging to a couple of mates that coin shoot, my day of $78 (2 Hrs) just didn't stack up. I guess I'm looking for inspiration.

Goldtarget said:
After nuggets clean out post it got me wondering about the coin shooters. Any answer doesn't have to be just a 24 hour period, I'm just curious mostly after bragging to a couple of mates that coin shoot, my day of $78 (2 Hrs) just didn't stack up. I guess I'm looking for inspiration.

1922 sixpence....cost me $50 to get it with fuel n food, sorry mate, not a lot of inspiration in this one :|

My best would be the men's 9k bracelet with a melt value of $250 in a four hour beach session

my best day was 5 minutes in tots lot (playground) & picked up 22k 60cm gold chain weighed a little over 8 grams.

My best was 3 days straight where I found $46 on day 1, day 2 $51 and day 3 was $88. all $184 in roughly 8 hours of swinging over 3 days. Id be interested in hearing from shane here also using a 705 but the advantage of cashed up tourists who get drunk and lose money in Darwin.

There was a team of 4 detectorists that hit the location of Womadelaide (music festival) and split $2k between them!

Incidently had Mick Jagger bucked up i had the same plan. At the time i heard the announcement i was planning on hiring or buying one soley for that purpose. My mates i was referring to do many a festival and can clean up nicely, and not just coins. Half their good fortune hey.

total so far after 3 days at old race course with my brother fellow forum member alfie is 217 silver coins, around 60 pennys/half pennys and one fob watch. over half a kg of silver coins. all found within a 50 metre square area. :cool:

brodie said:
total so far after 3 days at old race course with my brother fellow forum member alfie is 217 silver coins, around 60 pennys/half pennys and one fob watch. over half a kg of silver coins. all found within a 50 metre square area. :cool:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! thats a lot of silver......flick up some pics

dwt said:
brodie said:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! thats a lot of silver......flick up some pics

I think you will find pics of brodie and Alfie's silvers in these topics.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5390

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5409

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5464

that's the pics ramjet. though haven't updated pictures since my last outing at the race course. I spent about 4hours there the weekend before last but the heat/around 40 degrees chased me away but I got another 25 silvers.
we were able to dig the site which has obviously never been detected before because my grandparents new the old lady whos property the racecourse is on though the race course is no longer visible. it just an empty farm paddock now. have started to thin the numbers down now and have to work a bit harder but it was/is an unbelievable dig with next to no rubbish (with iron discriminated) dug some lead roofing washes and a couple of brandy bottle caps. and that was it.
we are fairly lucky, we live in a fairly small rural town dating back to the 1800s (ive never seen anyone else detecting) our town has a lot of surrounding districts each of the districts had there own race course and we were lucky enough to be allowed to dig this one. im currently seeking permission of another property owner to dig another racecourse in another area about 20 mins from home. the race course like the first is not visible anymore but its location is known to me. with a bit of luck I will be allowed to hunt this site also in the near future.

hunting parks are ok but research is key to finding old locations and pre decimals. from my little experience detecting. I found that were every people occupied they lost coins the age of the site will dictate if these coins are decimals or pre decimals I've never hunted anywhere and not found coins no matter how unfavourable the sites appear coins are everywhere. ;)

Had a swing out the back of a newish area today, it's the locals track through a paddock from the pub church and supermarket, so no real chance of any relics or predecs, $47.75 for the hour two feet either sideof the track. Coins are everywhere. Now to find the stragglers, pretty trashy. If this keeps up I'll be asking for a payrise at work :D A couple of the local kids that were kicking around gave a hand to dig and a little swing to keep them smiling, sent them with a few bucks each to take to the lolly aisle. Doesn't take much to get a smile, made me smile too, i can't help but be a big softy when it comes to the kids, they were very polite and helpful.

Best I saw from one of my detecting buddies was around $500 in one day of goldies. Made him go back and get the other $25 that day to even it out to 500!

My best is only $250 in a day. (not complaining)

I wonder how many are in the 500 club? That's alot of clinking in the pockets. Awesome.