What To Look For On The Goldfields (New To Prospecting)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your truly a wealth of knowledge loamer and I really enjoy reading your posts, thanks for sharing it with us.

Nugget - no worries. I just hope it saves some folk some time, money and effort and they stay safe! This info is in books that most people cannot afford plus if it helps just one person find some gold you and I both know what that means people and can make their lives just a little bit happier.

Just arrived in town for a 2 week house sitter.
Checked out the burns.
0630 start tomorrow

Redfin said:
Just arrived in town for a 2 week house sitter.
Checked out the burns.
0630 start tomorrow

Redfin - I spotted a lot of smoke over by East Dunolly direction. Happy Hunting

Loamer you are a wealth of information and i can say after spending a few days in that country
recently i can relate to those pics ! found some small nugets and and a piece of gold in quarts of which i am very chuffed about ! but i must say the next time i am fortunate enough to visit the GT my eyes and mindset will be focused a little differently thanks to your informative detail of the surrounds ,and the pictures say it all . how right you are ! we need to read the ground and what was going on in the past . can't thank you enough for your insight and my own help for future expeditions !. please keep feeding us for i am as hungry as for the info !! GREAT STUFF .

great info Loamer, armed with this info how could we possibly miss the gold :lol:

Cheers,
Matt

Another great source of information to add to my growing folder of books, Google searches, forum info and anything else I can get my hands on keep em coming Loamer, Thanks

Wow...I thought I knew what I was doing...but what I'm not doing is reading the dirt. Thank you so much for your posts. I really need to find some gold so my wife doesn't think I'm a nut...fingers crossed!!!!

Yep , great info, I think most of our wives think that way, mine gets bored after 1/2 an hour ( her view is that you have gotta find gold immediately )

Reefs to Diggings - likely prospecting areas.

This is a guide I made for my grandson, sorry the copy is a bit rough. It was an attempt to explain to him in a picture what is going on and likely spots to hit. When the little bloke is with me he uses an Xterra 70 and basically hits the mullock and reef dumps. He does OK too on nice little clean throw-outs and species, so I have generally stopped 'seeding' spots for him. Anyway, this sort of explains some of my earlier posts on where to go and what to look out for. Obviously this is a generalised layout. A mate drew one for me years ago, so I take no credit for the idea. It may help. Happy hunting.

1383785437_spuds_map.jpg

Thanks to you all for your Fantastic Info... being new...this information is invaluable to newbies like myself.

Keep it up and thanks again.

Kind Regards...Ed. :)

Wow - first time I've had a chance to look at this post.

Great stuff Loamer and thanks. And thanks too to all others who have contributed to the discussion!

I'm from SA and I've just upgraded to a GPX5000, getting the best deal in Maryborough. So I did a quick trip and took advantage of the training near Maryborough. Much of what has been said in this thread by LOAMER was taught during the training.

So I'm kinda curious, is this coincidence LOAMER?

Latest posts