What Songs, Musicians or Bands Do You Like

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is something a bit left field for you.

I used to be one of a few roadies setting up the sound and lighting shows at a 3 story warehouse in Footscray .
that was known as Global village . It was an old wool shed with concrete walls all around . The sound was magnificent and could be heard from miles away.
They would have trance music on one floor, jungle or Ghoa on another and a chill out on the other.
We did all the computerised laser light shows and massive sound systems that blended in with the beautiful fluoro and
multi coloured themes the place was painted in for each show. The set designs for each gig on each floor were incredible.
The shows run at Global Village were called Every Picture Tells a Story and were run by MUD ( Melbourne Underground Development).
Some shows ran for 2 or 3 days.
We would get thousands flocking to these gigs. Those were the days. I am happy to have been a part of it.

The dancing bear you see at the start is an image projected onto a large silk screen suspended from the ceiling in the main room.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sodS38A8HlU[/video]

I've been into a lot of space ambient, electronica, chillout, soft dubstep mixes lately. Rather partial to progressive instrumentals. As soon as I hear lyrics, I hit the next song.

Sandbagger said:
I've been into a lot of space ambient, electronica, chillout, soft dubstep mixes lately. Rather partial to progressive instrumentals. As soon as I hear lyrics, I hit the next song.

I am hearing you, Sandbagger. When i was wearing the old Converse runners and dancing in my flared tracky dacks at the raves in the 90`s , it was all about the music and not about the lyrics. 1am to 2am was when the tunes started pumping really hard and fast . I remember it well.
Many years` ago i ran a radio show on community radio called Progress with all progressive dance stuff. Think of Leftfield ,Sven Vath, Ollie ohlsen etc.
Octave in prahran was a favourite haunt of mine to buy the discs . I listen to many styles ,now ,but still love my warehouse , old school trance and progressive music.

Latest posts