What have you lost while prospecting?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not a lost and found section but just fun to see if anyone else has left things behind unintentionally while out in the field and I'm not talking toilet paper and chocolate nuggets. Personally I'm down my second pick. First one was lost while bush bashing through dense scrub on the way to a promising gully I found on google earth. Didn't know the pick fell out of my holder until I got out of the sticks and felt I had a little too much spring in my step.. Second pick fell out of my bag as I was loading equipment into the car. FOund out as soon as I got home. Went back to the carpark to get it but only found a freshly emptied corona bottle and stubbie holder. Some bogans had obviously beaten me to it. Hopefully there's nobody short a GPX5000 out there...

I lost some blood yesterday while panning.....sieve had broken beer bottle in it and sliced a nice cut to my index finger.....Once finished for the day I decided to take a walk and noticed rubbish everywhere....bottles and more bottles, cans, and cigarette packets. I had no bag to collect it all and even if I did I would probably fill two or three of them. SUCKS big time seeing the crap out there, the funniest thing was seeing a DEPI sign which read.....wait for it.......wait for it. (HEALTHY WATERWAYS!)

I lost My high banker out of the trailer after a trip to tuena, I just had it setup to perfection,and had just installed $200 worth of GOLDHOG mats.

Mate of my lost his sniffer bottle which had a few trips worth of gold in it , we were panning a river and I guess the current got it and it was bye bye sniffer bottle . Needless to say he wasn't a happy camper.

Spewing Lou, id be floting something down stream to see where it ended up,to find that, on the plus side you might of made someones day.

I lost my whole tool box driving up a steep hill ,had a tray ute the tailgate opened up and out slid all my tools .Never found them didn't know they fell out till hours later.

Quite a few gold spice jars in the early days.... black $2 shovels. ... i left my whole bucket with concentrates from a days dig. .. so many fups

So far I've lost 2 picks a shovel a bucket and 1 sniffer bottle containing about a gram of gold and a few small saphires.

Lost me little digger one day, and never found it again, bloody ripper it was too, same as all the others I've bought since then,..My mate lost his mobile phone one day while we were out on a hunt, his Mrs was the spewin type and was she spewin that day, there was no belief in what had happened and why he was late(she thought he'd been shagging someone,...not me),...she ended up taking him back down until he did find it, and the poor bugger had to endure the 3rd degree until it was visibly found and she'd seen it,........Did I tell you all how much I really do love Mrs Silver, she is the darlingest darling of them all(I hope she reads this as I might score some points,...hee hee).

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Great story there Silver but I've got to say that compared to your mates Mrs mine would also comes in as a darlingest darling. If I were your mate I'd probably have gone the way of his mobile phone. Sounds like the kind of women that'd shoot you if you tried to leave her. Wait, no, that covers all of em..

Digginholes said:
So far I've lost 2 picks a shovel a bucket and 1 sniffer bottle containing about a gram of gold and a few small saphires.

Bugger mate I bet some prospector out there I sitting at home reading this with a grin on his face as he glances back at his trophy wall of walco picks and shovels

Nuggetino he made the great escape since then and has become somewhat of a hero gigolo amongst women along the way(ha). no bullet holes in him yet(lucky bast@rd),... and If your Missus is like mine,....your life is sweet(so that's great to hear).
)
nuggetino said:
Great story there Silver but I've got to say that compared to your mates Mrs mine would also comes in as a darlingest darling. If I were your mate I'd probably have gone the way of his mobile phone. Sounds like the kind of women that'd shoot you if you tried to leave her. Wait, no, that covers all of em..

What have you lost while prospecting?
....Dignity. :|

Was taken deep into the scrub between Tunagulla and Waayarra by a mate (Twopointer) who wanted to share a little patch he found. Started off following some pretty good tracks in but they vanished and we were pushing our way through the scrub when we finally arrived. Three vehicles.
On arrival, i decided to pitch the shower, the good old blue tarp kind that you string up around a few trees. I set this one up round a few trees leaving the rear open to the wind, i let all in the party go before me. While i was having my turn, i looks to the campfire and see my comrades pointing and laughing in my direction. I could not make out what they were saying, so i turned around in the direction they were pointing, and there they were......a group of bush walkers...all 10 of them with cameras in hand less than 20mtrs from my white arse. :rolleyes:

John/Twopointer distilled a mean whiskey.....and that night we sampled it....and sampled it some more....in fact we sampled it till it was no more. :D :D

Twopointer (John Odwyer) RIP ol mate, gone but not forgotten.

Latest posts