What can't you live without?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamorphic said:
I cant go on an extended prospecting trip without my petrol powered axe.

http://i57.tinypic.com/mjwpow.jpg

Ofcourse i will never touch a living tree with it, but it makes light work of the dead ironbarks on the ground for the ultimate campfire....especially in winter!

The red ironbark (mugga) is the best burn for any campfire, even better than redgum.

I present to you, the campfire of awesomness!

http://i59.tinypic.com/nwaqzc.jpg

Hey Metamorphic, you forgot to mention the brilliant ice box your saw is sitting on!! :D
I have a few of these and the 70 litre is an ice keeping machine!! :cool:

1421212485_snap1358.jpg

And tarps a must have for me too, build a shelter anywhere!!

1421212702_camp_1_ed.jpg

Oh an yep a fire. Gotta have a fire!!! :D

1421213035_fire_1.jpg

Cheers,
Billy.

Awesome Billy, great minds think alike!

You sure cant beat the Techni box for its ice keeping ability.
I will easily get 5 days out of block ice if i keep her in the shade and dont open it every 5 minutes!

I like the sounds of having a second one, a bit smaller, like you have as a 'go-to' fridge...... good idea.

Thats a fantastic camp set up mate. Good tarps come in real handy hey!

I like how you got the tarps around the back to form a wind/rain break.

Definitely a fire to be proud of for sure. ;)

Bugger.....you got me itchin again Billy.

Thanks for the share mate.

Cheers Meta, an yep they keep ice alot longer if you store the bulk of food and beverages in the big one and use the 40lt one to grab "drinks" from :D
As you said keeping them in the shade helps and so too does draining the water out of them regularly. I have a mate who leaves the bung plug out of his all the time as he reckons its better if the ice is only trying to cool whats in the box and not the water as well.
Half the fun of camping for me is setting up the shelter using whats around and adapting it to the prevailing conditions and if you can stop the wind then your well on the way to having a comfortable nights sleep.

A cold June long weekend near Orange NSW.

1421218696_tarp_camp_2.jpg

A few extra beers around the fire must surely help too! :D

Oh and a good swag is probably the most important item if you want to sleep half comfortable at any time! :cool:

1421218747_tarp_camp_1.jpg

Gettin the itch to head out bush myself now!! :D

Cheers,
Billy.

I also use the Techni Gel filled dry ice packs which are brilliant.

You gotta float em in warm water to expand the gel when you first get them cause they come in flat sheets.

Then freeze em at home for at least 3 days before use to get the right temp.

They are lighter than ice, freeze colder, and the best thing is, there is no water in your box when they thaw so your packet of snags wont be floating in water which i hate!

Your mate is on the money about the water, but i reckon you sacrifice internal temp by leaving the bung plug out....especially in summer!

I went to their factory in Frankston Vic to buy my box, the bloke threw in a whole role of the dry ice packs for me.

http://www.techniice.com/6-hdr-ice-packs-1.html

Top set up again mate.....love your work!

Cheers

Edit: The worst thing about camping is packing up hey!

Ok so today I can't live without a nice cold beer on a hot day or half a dozen rums when my stupid ex keeps messaging me shit...... How I wish I was out in the bush no phones no internet....... Just a nice cold rum, a fishing line and some peace........ Oh and a big gold nugget in my pocket!

Having beer right now and listening to Shirl singing "All My Friends Are Getting married".

Big Nugget said:
Metamorphic said:
Hehe....Nice Toorak esky their BN.

Thanks Meta.

LMAO :D

When your down the street getting ice, grab me a carton can ya :cool:

No worries mate!...VB?

Like the camp cot too, grouse setup.

I was once a jolly swagman, but I prefer sleeping off the ground these days too, especially in a tarp setup where the floor isn't sealed off like a tent.

Last trip out i spotted a scorpion doing his rounds not far from my camp chair.....only a little bugger, no bigger than a bull-ant.

:)

Metamorphic said:
Big Nugget said:
Metamorphic said:
Hehe....Nice Toorak esky their BN.

Thanks Meta.

LMAO :D

When your down the street getting ice, grab me a carton can ya :cool:

No worries mate!...VB?

Like the camp cot too, grouse setup.

I was once a jolly swagman, but I prefer sleeping off the ground these days too, especially in a tarp setup where the floor isn't sealed off like a tent.

Last trip out i spotted a scorpion doing his rounds not far from my camp chair.....only a little bugger, no bigger than a bull-ant.

:)

Likewise Meta.

I agree mate.

A tarp over the top and its 4 season ;)

P.S - yes, VB please :cool:

I'm with you on that AJ, only I get mine home delivered (homefreshorganics.com.au) I was already wondering how long/far from fresh food each trip might be, I'll have to chat with dad, I don't do tuna or noodles :p

Latest posts