What am I getting myself into this time!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im a young Senior who bought a small caravan & a second-hand X-Terra 705 a couple of years ago. Ive only played around a little bit with the 705, mainly in parks & at the beach with very little prospecting. My best Find was my neighbours engagement ring which she lost in her garden!!

Ive been lurking around this website for a little while & finally decided to register as Im thinking of traveling further afield in my caravan if COV permits. Hopefully Ill learn a bit more about prospecting &, you never know, I might find that elusive Big Nugget (We all need to fantasize now & then :LOL:)!!

Looking forward to meeting you all in cyberspace,

Cheers

Kim

Welcome Kim. You've found , that's good. The Exterra works therefore you have some idea of what it sounds like. Now it's practice, practice,read,read, more practice.
Use a gold say $2 coin $1 coin at same depth and note the difference.
For the deeper gold you'll need a PI detector usually found 2nd hand on Ebay/Gumtree but make sure the serial number is correct by going to the website of say Minelab and that will enable you to decide if the machine is genuine as there are a lot of Chinese fakes out there.
We have the occasional detector come on this site for sale but still make sure the unit is genuine.
Exterra 705 is a good relic/coin machine to start off with but when the bug really bites-go PI-a new world of detection opens up--bigger and deeper finds,
That's what you want hey?
Good luck mate.
Jaros

Jaros said:
Welcome Kim. You've found , that's good. The Exterra works therefore you have some idea of what it sounds like. Now it's practice, practice,read,read, more practice.
Use a gold say $2 coin $1 coin at same depth and note the difference.
For the deeper gold you'll need a PI detector usually found 2nd hand on Ebay/Gumtree but make sure the serial number is correct by going to the website of say Minelab and that will enable you to decide if the machine is genuine as there are a lot of Chinese fakes out there.
We have the occasional detector come on this site for sale but still make sure the unit is genuine.
Exterra 705 is a good relic/coin machine to start off with but when the bug really bites-go PI-a new world of detection opens up--bigger and deeper finds,
That's what you want hey?
Good luck mate.
Jaros

Thanks for the tips Jaros. Ive already started to research a new detector & Im leaning towards the SDC2300, Im hoping there might be some New Year sales at the prospecting stores. If Im really lucky somebody was given an SDC2300 instead of the GPZ7000 they asked for & now want to sell it on eBay!!
Cheers

Jaros said:
You need to check the serial no. plus the purchase documents to play it safe.

Thanks Jaros, if I do consider a detector on eBay or Gumtree Ill definitely do the research

goody2shoes said:
What size caravan did you buy?

I have a little 13 foot that does me :)

My van is jus under 17ft, I would have gone a bit smaller but I wanted a shower & toilet. Its a perfect size for myself & my two whippets.

I have only got a SUV so can only pull something small

I am happy with my little caravan but in saying that a shower would of been nice and a loo

But I do have a portable camp toilet and solar shower that I will fill up so I can have a shower with that

Becareful of where you go with your dogs as a lot of places don't aloud them on their property

Plus some farmers use animal baits to control wild dog's and cat's

It is not nice seeing your dog dying from a bait

goody2shoes said:
I have only got a SUV so can only pull something small

I am happy with my little caravan but in saying that a shower would of been nice and a loo

But I do have a portable camp toilet and solar shower that I will fill up so I can have a shower with that

Becareful of where you go with your dogs as a lot of places don't aloud them on their property

Plus some farmers use animal baits to control wild dog's and cat's

It is not nice seeing your dog dying from a bait

Thanks for the info, I hadnt thought about that.

I was very lucky finding my JB van, it had been used as a demo at the caravan shows for a year & had been reduced significantly. Its an ideal size for
one person & is very solidly built.

Latest posts