Went For Walk While Just Starting Out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1561180478_image.jpg

No one ever has said the SDC is no good ward69, :D
Never heard a bad word about em. :Y:
Nice walk, could make a smiley face with those nugs. :D

0.02g... now that's impressive! Looking at finally purchasing an SDC myself in the very near future, don't get a lot of big gold up my way so it seems like it'd be the perfect companion detector for me while I primarily do alluvial prospecting on creeks/rivers.

Thanks for posting your finds, makes me all the more excited to get mine!

Thanks Navieko. Theres a trick with the SDC, it takes time and patience to learn the sounds
When I was walking came across a nice couple detectoring. He had a SDC modified with the new coil. And the wife had a monster 1000. I placed the 0.02 on top of the dirt. Have guest which one picked it up. Yep. The 1000 did. But placing the find down 2in. Both couldnt. I then placed the 0.02 down 5in pulled out my SDC and it picked it up. Need to use headphones and settings on 5 and the balance flat out. Its noisy but it picked up, so meaning of the story. Dont stuff around by changing the coil and run it flat out for the small gold.

Hey appreciate the tips! I was considering to get the Coiltek 10" x 5" to have as another option though will probably hold off until I've mastered the SDC as is to start with.

I think I'll be getting an audio adapter lead (from Phase Technical) and using a Bluetooth transmitter in order to use my wireless headphones... that way I don't have to worry about the cable getting caught on the undergrowth, as I'm in and amongst the rainforest quite often up my way.

Might be picking up my SDC tomorrow if possible... can't bloody wait. :cool:

navieko said:
Hey appreciate the tips! I was considering to get the Coiltek 10" x 5" to have as another option though will probably hold off until I've mastered the SDC as is to start with.

I think I'll be getting an audio adapter lead (from Phase Technical) and using a Bluetooth transmitter in order to use my wireless headphones... that way I don't have to worry about the cable getting caught on the undergrowth, as I'm in and amongst the rainforest quite often up my way.

Might be picking up my SDC tomorrow if possible... can't bloody wait. :cool:
Mate. Dont worry about that crap. Only need the headphones. Wasting your money and time. After spending time in bush youll understand

Latest posts