Weird

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
On eve of her birthday my sister received letter from our mum who has been dead for fifteen years. Regardless of rational explanation for it, it was spooky and painfull experience for her. The letter was posted about twenty years ago.
Silly me, I have been complaining that letter from Brisbane to Sydney can take over week.
Karl

8) Wow Karl, would be interesting to know if your sister found any of the information in that letter pertinent to any current change in her circumstances, or, informative with regards to any reasoning she needed to make with regards to some current decision making needs ? Or, is it all to be put down to the current status quo enveloping australia posts delivery times ! :eek:

Hi Silver
I won't know what was in the letter until I go to see my sister in few weeks time. But what make it spooky is that the letter was delivered on the day when you usually receive greeting cards for your birthday. I'm not good on the math, but I think that there is 365 to 1 chance to receive this letter on this particular day.
Regardless, I appriciate that someone went to troubles to deliver the letter, although with "bit "of delay.
Karl

That's plain freaky it'd be quite a shock. Hopefully all turns out well for you both.
Jon

I know there was a letter box at a little town up the road 25 yrs ago maybe 30 yrs , australia post stopped collecting from it with out telling anyone and 7 or 8 yrs later council went to remove it and it was chock a block full of mail :rolleyes: .

Very spooky your tale maybe it fell off the mail sorting equipment and wasnt found until they refurbished the room maybe .

My first job as a 16 year old was in the post office as a mail sorter and telegram delivery boy
all the benches would be pulled out for cleaning (the post master said every 10 or so years)
We would find letters that had fallen behind the benches and they would then be sent off as normal so it would not supprise me if that is what happened

Far out that is a great story Karl, now I am curious.
7.62 I also did my time as a PMG (Pigs Must Grunt) telegram boy and loved working in the mail room. Can still remember the sound of the stamper on the ink pad and then stamping the article, almost musical. Thanks for bringing back the memory.
Mackka

Latest posts