Warmest winter night on record

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaros

In Remembrance Nov. 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brisbane Temp.
A mere 19.4 degrees. That was as cool as it got in the state's capital, just after sunrise, although the Bureau of Meteorology wasn't ready to call it a record just after 7am.

"There's still two hours before we record our actual minimum and there is some rain about so it could drop below," BOM forecaster James Thompson said.

"At the moment it is ... about 10 degrees above the average of 9.7 so pretty warm morning with that cloud cover around."

But when 9am rolled around and the mercury had risen to almost 21 degrees, it was official.

Nearly had to wear my summer P.J's
Jaros :cool:

Up here in NQ, we have had a very mild winter even a claytons winter, yesterday we got to a max of 35.2C. So maybe fingers crossed we`ll have a early start to the wet, which will unfortunately cut the prospecting year off but it should get the barras chewing. But one never knows, in the past it has done this then suddenly we`ve got a frost in September. Beautiful one day perfect the next, I don`t envy you folks that live down south, wet & cold bugger that.

Had a frost every morning this week in Dunolly.
Got the fire stoked up for another one tonight.

Norvic said:
Up here in NQ, we have had a very mild winter even a claytons winter, yesterday we got to a max of 35.2C. So maybe fingers crossed we`ll have a early start to the wet, which will unfortunately cut the prospecting year off but it should get the barras chewing. But one never knows, in the past it has done this then suddenly we`ve got a frost in September. Beautiful one day perfect the next, I don`t envy you folks that live down south, wet & cold bugger that.

Yep bugger that. This time next year my wife and I hope to be travelling around Oz in a caravan looking forward to meeting some of you people. Too bloody cold here in winter and too dam hot in Summer. Not a good picture who you get older.

Its cooled down a little tonight...i can honestly say we havent realy had a winter this year ....5days of cold weather and not in a row...always warm days..

Latest posts