WalnLiz Rock Clock The making :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colmaca

Colin
Reaction score
I may as well post since

WalnLiz may not see this before he comes back in 2 months :)

I promised to make a copper rock clock :) out some rock I got in the mine :p

Stage 1 has been done since I cut the rock, it was about 400mm X 200 I chopped 2 slices off it about 20mm thick . Not a lot copper in, small vein , looks cool but . Quartz

I'll take picture tomorrow since I forgot :8

I have the miner I going to place on the rock came in mail yesterday photo below

1401528317_ahs20-20miner20with20pick20standing.jpg

Stage 2 next this week , to do , join rocks , apply clear coat a few times :) drilling hole for clock :cool: glue the miner dude to rock :)

I think I should put a plaque on it need ideas from all here what to put on it :)

The saw

1401658746_gedc0033.jpg

The rock cut in 1/2 with 2 slices out off it .

1401658780_gedc0032.jpg

2 slices glued togeather and bottom done with clear coat, top ready to do , then drill hile for clock and put the man on .

1401658884_gedc0031.jpg

Gippy said:
Looks very like marble. Nice job

Its Copper rock ore from underground maybe 1 km or so maybe 2 since our mine goes that deep :) with some quartz not much copper but I lake the Quartz look :)

Colmaca said:
Gippy said:
Looks very like marble. Nice job

Its Copper rock ore from underground maybe 1 km or so maybe 2 since our mine goes that deep :) with some quartz not much copper but I lake the Quartz look :)

2 km, is that vertical :eek: Nice sample of stone Col. Lucky you to have access to cutters.... I have access to a Black marble quarry that has some nice rock, I should hire a cutter and grab a sample.

http://fossilworks.org/bridge.pl?a=collectionSearch&collection_no=56699

Im not sure on the highjacking rules so please forgive me.

Cheers Dave

yes Mount Isa goes near 2 km under . most the copper ore is in black rock maybe I'll ask the Geologists what sort rock the black is

What great work and it will look absolute amazing once the clock is inset. Can't wait to see it.

Colmaca said:
I may as well post since

I think I should put a plaque on it need ideas from all here what to put on it :)

May I suggest This ???

Justified Center Engraved on a Brass Plate.

To
Wal & Liz
For Your Deeply
Appreciated Contributions
To The
Prospecting
&
Fossicking Movement
Australia.
"May Your Pan Be"
"Full Of Yellow On Every Bend"

That is Fantastic Colmacca 8) :)

Appreciate your efforts (and WalnLiz too).

Cheers Monty

The gold rim on the clock and the silver miner look realy good with the rock colour Great job
You would make more money selling them than your gold finds Col :D I don't know how much you find though

Latest posts