WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly a great way to find out if the creek has got enough gold for further investigation. Surprising just how many sub grammers are stuck in the deep little crevices that are missed with the detector. You're right about the knees, and it would help if you had a decent set of lungs, ( which I unfortunately haven't got ). :(

Cheers Wal.

Hearing you there Mudguts....Liz has no problems and she even smokes. I'm good for short bursts only, but the big problem is this can be very addictive as something seems to always show up in the crevices.

Sometimes it's the best 20 cents I've ever spent Beagle. Can buy a lot of tubing for 6.5 grand mate, and there's been times Ive considered it..lol. :D

Is that from your w,a trip
Could you use a bellow for this and save your lungs
Or a foot air pump
Or is that not classified as hand tools lol

Tube works best mate as you need to constantly change blowing pressure to move the sand at a controlled rate. The vid was on the last WA trip. Only use the tube to see if the creek is worth further attention.

Hey Wal n Liz
love watching you two get gold in lots of different ways. I live in wa and only been detecting for bout a year now. nobody I know or seen has done blow tubing. Liz looks like she has some real fun doing it and in the shade too :). Am going to get me some tubing and give it a go on my nxt trip in cple of weeks. Do you find nuggets in a creek first then blowtube or visa-versa? . Dont hope to be as successful as Liz but atleast couple of bits of yellow will keep me hooked . Been watching ya videos trying to learn wat rock to look for and anything else I can to improve my chances. I stil love swinging but just be good for change now and then. Any tips from the dream team :) would b really helpful.
thanks guys

Pretty well every creek within the WA gold fields will give up small sub gram nuggets, no matter how flogged the creek is. Even the best detectorist out there using the best machines cannot pick up many of the smaller nuggets which work their way to the bottom of the bedrock cracks. Many of the cracks are around 10cm or more deep and any flat sub grammers remain undetectable at this depth, especially if standing on end.

Some of these cracks contain numerous small flakes as well, and at times it's not unusual to pick up a gram from within just a single crack. Because these flakes are not joined together, and often several cm deep, they are virtually undetectable with even a 5000 and Sadie Coil, (don't care how good you are).

Nearly every time you find a nugget in a creek bed, if you have a blow tube in your pocket you'll inevitably find several small pieces close by in the cracks. Where the bigger nugget gets trapped so does all the smaller pieces and most people walk away from several easy grams during a mornings detecting.

Give it a go sometime flashhunter and you may be pleasantly surprised. Best of luck with it mate.

Cheers Wal.

thanks Wal
Will definitely give it a go in couple of weeks. The guys I go with will be shocked if I pull out couple of bits with a $5 piece of tubing.

You have never seen a more resourceful couple! You hear the old mantra like "research research", "low and slow", "reading the ground" but the ability to think outside the box even where many have been is a skill that brings home the gold and none one I know seems to do it better than Wal and Liz! Ian

I really enjoy watching your YouTube vids wal there awesome my six year old son is constantly bugging me to watch them then after he does he's got to go out n find some yella its great eentertainment for him and it keeps him off the Xbox n out in the bush .. lol keep em comin cheers ;-)

Latest posts