Walco Prospecting Picks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Walco pick is awsome. Sometimes I have wondered if I might be close to bending it but it's very well tempered steel. I use it a lot more than my home made one. Anything will break though if you abuse it enough.

I have one and find it good for light ground but I much prefer my "fast recovery gold digger pick" I purchased from Ebay, it is strong enough to move some decent size rocks whereas the Walco isn't. One of the side effects of the GPZ is you have to be prepared to did some serious holes.

Yeah Walco are good, my original pick must be ...old!..
But the newer pick I bought, I think it was from the old Umer site???
Its wicked.. a fantastic pick...
Only mod I made, was to paint it Appliance White...

Carry a smaller lighter pick on you, most gold I find, about 98% are shallow. Have a big pick in the back of your car for anything deeper or harder. Any well made pick will do the job. Good idea to paint the handle in a bright fluro colour i.e. pink or orange.

Geoneil picks are the best I've used :Y:

made by a bloke who's in the Vic fossickers club

While the Walco pick is a good pick, IMHO there are much much better picks out there, especially when working in hard ground, cap rock and digging deeper holes.

Have a look at the picks made by forum member 'Davsgold'. By far the best pick I've ever owned.
I carry his biggest pick all day. Hangs off the shoulder well, light for its size and still a nasty bite into the toughest ground. The long handle gets the most out of a decent swing.

You want a pick to do the work, not you to have to work the pick.

I absolutely agree... and that is the pick that I carry...
The Walco, a great pick... but that stays with the 2300 for tha shallower targets...

Latest posts