Waders, Wetsuit pants... information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me I use hodgman neoprene for winter (chest wader - stockingfoot) or a gortex chest wader (boot foot) for summer, I rarely wear the summer ones unless the leeches are bad. Along with neoprene I wear rockhopper boots with steel spikes to maintain stability on submerged bedrock etc.

1498003459_pro-line-wild-water-neoprene-stocking-waders-with-hand-warmer-pocket-p14199986.jpg

1498003459_large_57.jpg

Not Cheap - I imported from USA , used to trout fish a lot so they had a double use. I must admit at the time the Dollar was on par but now not so good , Search ebay for neoprene waders and there are a few $99 to $150. Breathable Fishing Waders - well they can vary but generally pretty expensive in Australia

Just putting it out there. I recently tried a pair of neoprene (wetsuit type material) waders I bought from the Salvos. Couldn't leave them there for $20.

I have to say, they are great to use. I found them so much better than the regular plastic. Not to mention kneeling on rocks etc.

Also nice and warm in an icy river in the middle of winter.

Yep heaps better than plastic. Bought a pair years ago for my trout fly fishing. Wasn't a prospector then and wasn't so fat !! Have to dig them out of the shed and see if they still fit he he.

GT :)

Latest posts