Victoria needs rain desperately

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been working a creek near Panton Hill recently & doing quite well
Lately the water level is dropping so fast the favourite hot spots are dry
Anyone else experiencing this?

Regards

Dirty Harry

It is getting bad mate.
Maybe think about the hard ship's the old timers went through and caused
some to be left for us to be found in the future. :D
When there is a will, There is a way. :D :D

I have watched the Ballarat district go from green to brown in one week.
We have been one of the last spots to remain green up until then.
Very sad and also alarming because of bushfire and drought threats.

Definitely the driest ive ever seen it. The pools that usually hang around in hepburn daylesford, castlemaine, Creswick amd avoca all dry and fast. Three weeks ago i was panning ina a creek yesterday there was dry green algieand no water. Think this will be the driest year yet.

Sucks and scary for the cost of feed for cattle etc

Low water levels equal access to generally un reachable places.. chase some deep bedrock while u can. Good luck man i hate hauling water but its easier than hauling dirt

dirtyharry said:
It is very annoying as i have finally found the jurrasic park of gold nuggets & i have to wait for water to get into more

Gday dirtyharry,
As GOlddigg@ said, "where there's a will there's a way".
During the last drought I would take a few 20 litre drums of water and a large plastic tub to my favorite creek and it worked out just fine.
The reward is there if your prepared to work.
Cheers Steve :)

mate they are in the pipeline, weve not been able to keep up and neither me nor my mate has had time to deal with them, needless to say when 5 become available they are gone before they are built. But i'm working on a long term solution mate i thin we are going to need it.

Latest posts