Vibra-Tector mini detectors information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will be looking froward to results & opinion on it as I too have been looking at one of these. Seen some video looks OK.

I would like to make a video of my results but I don't have one of those go pro things. I will just show pics of my finds and give my unbiased opinion of its performance.

Planning to go tonight. I have always preferred night diving as you are not distracted by your surrounds and only concentrate on whats ahead of you in the torch beam. Bit spooky though!!
All I can think of as a neg at this point is the size of the coil. Its pretty small so I wont be able to cover much area.

Looks like a good tool to use with a wet suit and hit some deeper crevices, looks interesting. I wonder how small a piece of gold it will pickup,

My finds were a bit light on. I was hoping for a ring or something but looks like most people in this spot leave it on the beach.
The detector is easy to use and accurate.
Easy to pin point to a small area.
There were no false signals.
No external switch means less moving parts to break.
Picks up any coins but I am guessing only shallow stuff around 2-3 inches max.
I tried it on two bits of gold 1.3g and .9g. (just on the bench)Both pieces were detected but I had to be pretty much touching the gold! I think you would need 3g+ nuggets to detect under the surface. My Minelab pin pointer is more sensitive.
Definitely the biggest negative I can see is the size of the coil. I think a DD oval about 250mm long by 50-100mm wide would be excellent allowing you to cover more ground.
Its also impossible to hold the detector on the ground past arm depth.
In any water deeper then your arm can reach it becomes very difficult to dig a target. Anything past this depth really requires scuba.
Just on that I learnt that there is no scuba shop in Darwin. Gotta buy everything interstate and have it posted here. That sucks!!!
Overall I am happy with this purchase but I think there would be more practical tools for the job.
This will be a good tool for hunting in the shallow creeks where normally the only way to find the gold/coins etc is dig and sluice etc. Only problem it wont find small nugs!
Its a good addition to the arsenal.
It was good fun too. My kids are gonna love using this at the swimming holes up here.

1393506972_vibra_hunt1_004.jpg

Hi Shane might be worth a go at Howard Springs (I thing it's the place Iam thinking of) Where you can swim with the Barramundi's (fresh water) Was up there about 15 years ago and saw someone with a underwater detector, he found a few rings and coins.. Also worth ago might be the rock pools in Litchfield National Park Buley Rockhole (might have to check the rangers on that).

Cheers Gary :cool:

There all nat parks. I have applied for permission to detect in the parks but its been over two months and they havent replied. I even rang and they said they havent decided yet.
Cant even give me any answer at all. No wonder people just ignore the rules up here and do whatever they want.
All the parks are closed as it the wet up here so once they open up again ill be pursuing it further.

NT...Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday, Not Thursday.

Shane, the breasting tube looks tiny,....you be careful mate.
Hope to see it in action(vid maybe?)

Too many wines last night Shane, I was just having a laugh, I thought it looked like a breast pump at the time.
Mate I was laughing so hard at myself I could of fell off me chair, a little clearer this morning though, sorry.

Shane said:
There all nat parks. I have applied for permission to detect in the parks but its been over two months and they havent replied. I even rang and they said they havent decided yet.
Cant even give me any answer at all. No wonder people just ignore the rules up here and do whatever they want.
All the parks are closed as it the wet up here so once they open up again ill be pursuing it further.

NT...Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday, Not Thursday.

Yea my brother that used to live up there said the same "NT...Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday, Not Thursday" lol :D

Maybe once the wet season is over go and ask a local range at one of these places and show him/her the Vibra tectooles and advise you are only going in the swim holes and not detecting as such (digging holes) might be worth a go :cool:

I ordered the Vibra-Tector 740 from Treasure Products and it has just arrived. I will give it a run during the week and let you know if I did any good. It certainly looks to be a very well made detector, really easy to use, and at AUD$260 delivered it's cheap as chips.

1518408760_vibra-tector_740.jpg

One decent "gold baby!" find and it will be paid for!!! (what could go wrong?) :eek:

TT

DetectingSA said:
Best of luck to ya mate!

..... what is it :D

Underwater pin pointer cross detector?

Nicely summed up!

It's a handy size piece of gear if you don't want to drag a full size detector under water. It is pulse induction, and all metal. When you detect a target the handle pulsates and a LED lights up on the coil. From what I have seen on You Tube it shoots down around 2 to 3 inches. It needs motion to activate, and the slower the movement, the deeper it detects (apparently).
Anyway, I'll give it a crack, and providing the sharks don't get me I should at least find the odd bottle cap or hair pin! :eek:

Had a crack today, soon realised that I need divers belt. I am as buoyant as a beach ball. I thought I could use my flippers to propel me along the bottom, and that works well, but I was traveling way too fast and only detecting maybe 10% of the surface area below me. Take away the flippers (and the velocity) and I soon rise straight to the surface.
I cruised through the shallows OK without the flippers and managed a couple of house keys, a metal button and 40 cents.... nothing there worth a photo, so therefore it didn't happen. So looking for a divers belt now on Gumtree, and then I will have another go. The 740 worked without fault, my only criticism would be the angle of the coil to the handpiece (90 deg) which makes it mandatory to be swimming about an inch above the bottom to make it a comfortable swing. Anyway, more to follow.

There seems to be heaps of dive belt weights on eBay as cheap as $7 each,you would only need a few wouldn't you?

Latest posts