Vacuum cleaner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a hand powered vacuum. Or rather foot powered ?
1511139343_images-43.jpg

Are u serious.?

For one, you'd be lucky to suck the snot from a baby's runny nose with it.
Secondly, I wouldn't push my luck.
It seriously ain't hard to prospect and get good gold with the restrictions and rulesets in place already.!

XIV said:
Come on guys.
It doesn't matter if its a small 12v or a big 240v
You still can't do it. It's illegal.
Plain and simple you CANNOT do It

You wonder why places are getting shut down.
Give someone an inch and the take it a mile.

Spot on, put an 8 mesh sieve and a Garrett Super Sluice in the hands of a good prospector and they should be able to give you results, I'm pretty sure for most of us it's not about cattlestations, I know if I can pull a gram or so on an outing I feel like I'm Tony Beets for the day. How far do you want to push regulations, how far are you willing to cross the line in search of the yellow stuff?

If you found yourself using a small vac,
1511144390_small-vacuum.jpg

Would you settle with it if you saw the next bloke using a purpose made one?
1511144406_keene-dry-washer-hi-vac-.jpg

Could just get yourself stuck in an endless cycle of having to push the limits further and end up like this trooper
1511145203_crazy_eyes.jpg

Mickkat12 said:
Beware this site contains prospector trolls .
:lol: :lol: Yer but they are only small :lol: ]:D
What is a prospector troll ? I dont think there are any on PA
Its disappointing that you say there are :|
I think PA is the best Gold forum with Great Mods and a great bunch of members from all walks of life
And all over the world visit PA Forum .
Anyway :D

I do apologize if I have made the forum appear that way. But my personal veiw and intentions of using such is for the use of very fine cracks and very low volume. 2kg of dust in dry high bed rock.
I would welcome an environmental debate of using it in such a manner.
How anyone could take this debate on whilst still fighting for the right to use a pump to run a high banker would have to be nuts. Not forgetting both are deemed illegal in nsw.
Running a 20ltr aqua vac in the means of a dredge is a different level of my intentions.
Personally I still believe dredges should of been still made lawful to use, but with limitations. Happy with the heavy penalty for those who breached a reasonable limit set.

Having prospectors argue among each other isn't good. Greens and other assholes would love to see this and use it against us.
We know what is legal and what is not, it's up to us to protect what we have now, or lose it forever.

The topic has been discussed well and truly.
Perhaps it's time to delete it, or severely sanitize it, removing any posts of intent to prospect illegally.

Occasional_panner said:
Having prospectors argue among each other isn't good. Greens and other assholes would love to see this and use it against us.
We know what is legal and what is not, it's up to us to protect what we have now, or lose it forever.

The topic has been discussed well and truly.
Perhaps it's time to delete it, or severely sanitize it, removing any posts of intent to prospect illegally.
1511167639_2.jpg

Using a hand operated vacuum pump is quite fine.
As long as the device is human operated there is no argument.
Only thing the boffins might get upset about is the amount of dirty
water (Turbidity) you are causing.
Just suck it up and spray into a bucket.
If in a dry crevice, Pour a bucket or two of water in first.
If any one has been collared about using one, I would like to know
about it. ]:D

i think this topic came up last year when i got a 18v vac and was told in no uncertain terms that they were not allowed (NSW)
so yes it now cleans my car when i remember to charge it
so lets be honest adults and admit if not on here at least to ourselves
if its legal use it
if its illegal dont use it
there is no sorry judge i didnt know
there is no grey area
its there for all to read in black and white what you can and cant do and as we all know every state and territory has different rules
and to think i was under the impression that we all lived in the one country and all areas should have the same rules
1511168921_16.jpg

Is it an argument or or a discussion? /debate.
Ok, no doubt it's illegal. So is high banking with a pump in nsw.
And if we totally respect that.... then why argue it with them.
Im not seeing any transparency here at all.
More censorship if anything.
and if we respect what we have now in nsw, that means no arguement with the ban on pumps in nsw ....

Latest posts