Using a dry blower in Victoria.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all . Does anybody know where a dryblower can be hired in vic ? Or would someone who owns one hire out it to me for the day ?U can name the price within reason . I could also leave a cash deposit equal of value of the set up to proove I'm trustworthy and would treat it like my own , if I go well Ill also sling the owner a gram of yellow for his/her troubles as a bonus :)

Hey guys how are we all? Im from vicco and a lot of people say you cant use a dry blower in vic. I beg to differ. I was curious if anyone one has a dry blower secondhand up for sale, or even if anyone would be hiring them out. I really want to give one a go before purchasing one. They deffs aint cheap!

Definitely hire/borrow one first.
Very tough, dirty, back breaking hobby if you're not used to a bit of physical work? (The most important tip: "Set up your dryblower so the prevailing wind is blowing the dust away from you."
8 hrs digging for a gram or two if you're lucky. :argh:

Having said that four of us persevered with two home built dryblowers for about 10 years. We didn't make our fortune but the mateship and enjoyment at the end of each day seeing a few specks in the sluice made it all worth while. A few coldies helped wash the dust down.

Good luck.

Nightjar, i think you summed up fossicking beautifully, it's not if you make a fortune it's the priceless mateship that is formed.
Cheers
Mackka
PS
Stay Safe

Patrick1 said:
Buck11 said:
Patrick1 said:
Where are you located?

Im in Geelong/surfcoast but willing to travel if need be
If you attend our March Meet-up you can try mine.

Cheers mate, would be keen to attend the march break up, definitely need more details about this.
100% all about the friendship and think of prospecting as a hobby. Have recently come across a great area that would pay for the dry blower in 1-2 days. Pretty used to the physical aspect of it. Keen to borrow one for sure, I just dont have mates with any. Ive tried to find where I could hire one, but no luck.
Cheers

Buck11 said:
Patrick1 said:
Buck11 said:
Patrick1 said:
Where are you located?

Cheers mate, would be keen to attend the march break up, definitely need more details about this.
100% all about the friendship and think of prospecting as a hobby. Have recently come across a great area that would pay for the dry blower in 1-2 days. Pretty used to the physical aspect of it. Keen to borrow one for sure, I just dont have mates with any. Ive tried to find where I could hire one, but no luck.
Cheers

if you have a spot that will 'pay for itself in one or two days'...just go and buy one.

Goldtalk Leonora said:
Buck11 said:
Patrick1 said:
Buck11 said:
Patrick1 said:
Where are you located?

Cheers

if you have a spot that will 'pay for itself in one or two days'...just go and buy one.

Just as easy as it sounds hey! Trust me, if I could just go out and buy one I would.. being an apprentice with wages not the greatest makes going out and just buying one a little difficult. Id also rather test out a dry blower before dropping ripping a hole in my pocket

Buck11 said:
Have recently come across a great area that would pay for the dry blower in 1-2 days. Pretty used to the physical aspect of it. Keen to borrow one for sure, I just dont have mates with any. Ive tried to find where I could hire one, but no luck.
Cheers

Suggest you see this thread before buying anything to do with dry prospecting ;)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21526

Good Luck
jack

If anyone does have one they would considering hiring out. Id happily be interested in paying. Cheers

Buck11 said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:
Buck11 said:
Patrick1 said:
Buck11 said:

Cheers

Just as easy as it sounds hey! Trust me, if I could just go out and buy one I would.. being an apprentice with wages not the greatest makes going out and just buying one a little difficult. Id also rather test out a dry blower before dropping ripping a hole in my pocket

Apologies Buck11.....ok...here's another thought....borrow one for sure...but make your own..not difficult and a fraction of the price...just a thought.

Buck11,
If your apprenticeship is in engineering, yes build your own would be a great project.
Built this one and it gave years of enjoyment and even found gold. Lots of it. :goldnugget:
Sadly I parted with it a few years back, it is probably still drifting around the WA goldfields somewhere.

1612397564_dryblower.jpg

1612397564_dryblower2.jpg

1612397564_dryblower3.jpg

1612397564_dryblower4.jpg

Nightjar said:
Buck11,
If your apprenticeship is in engineering, yes build your own would be a great project.
Built this one and it gave years of enjoyment and even found gold. Lots of it. :goldnugget:
Sadly I parted with it a few years back, it is probably still drifting around the WA goldfields somewhere.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1612397564_dryblower.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1612397564_dryblower2.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1612397564_dryblower3.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1612397564_dryblower4.jpg

Looks epic mate! What a build. Hahah my apprenticeship is carpentry. So I dont think Ill be making one out of timber hahs. I would like to make one tho Ill have to look into it for sure!!

Latest posts