Use of Water pumps in Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that you have all seen the light. :)
Yes, It is true. The Regs are written in such a way they ban the use of a water pump.
And it is not fair.
Putting it bluntly,
It is not how the rules and reg's are written, It is how you interpret them.
The part of the clause that covers water pumps was snuck in.
Don't throw your gear away or give up yet.
There is some hard work going on in the back ground here in NSW at the moment
that I can not and will not discuss at this stage.
If you guys up there in Banana Country can get your Lobby group formed and running,
You will be able to use what is going on as an example to Lobby to get the grey area changed.
And maybe be able to open up more ground for you all. :)
We us prospectors are continually being shafted and treated like a small minority that no one is
taking any notice of. We all need to get together to ensure that we can continually enjoy our hobby to the Max.
One comment I can make is Prospecting is written all the way through the Australian Constitution.
Go for it Guy's, Form a Lobby Group as fighting the Reg's the wrong way will make things worse for all
of us. Not help in any way.

Fishman said:
This is a reply I received from Justin Fritz.

I have received your enquiry below.

The Fossicking Act 1994 states in section 38 that the use of machinery is prohibited and restricts a licenced person to hand tools.

So the view we take is that you can use any devices that are powered by human power. Therefore so long as you are pumping the water for a sluice etc by hand (or foot pedal etc) and rotating/shaking anything by hand then that would comply with the Act.
Definitely no petrol driven pumps are permitted under the Act.

Thanks

Justin Fritz
Mining Registrar
Field & Land Access
Authorised Officer
Department of Natural Resources & Mines
30 Nicholson Street, Dalby
PO Box 589, Dalby Qld 4405
t: +61 7 4531 8517
e: [email protected]

Customer Service Centre 13 25 23
www.dnrm.qld.gov.au
But you already knew this didnt you Yobs.... :D ..Hence.... the rockin yobskin... :p

I know alot of things......like i know i will use my petrol pump to wash dirt and rocks because i like to clean the enviroment.
Now if some gold is recovered from me doing this i will be extremely suprised as it was not my intension and thus put the recovered gold in a vial to return it to its natural habitat at a later date...... :D

My new electric builge pump in hand operated.......i have to use my hands to hook it up to my new 24v Truck Battery :eek:

I made the rockin yobskin cause im clever...regular Hotdog..
I wanted to wash my rocks really slow cause i have a crook back...

There we have it, as long as it is hand operated eh? Well time to buy a hand operated Trommel.

Latest posts