Upper Burnett Crystals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After hours and hours of research i finally made the hike up to privet property in the upper Burnett region. found these pieces of calcite crystal with epidote in the matrix that took the cake few other pieces, red banded stuff on pyrity looking bit has me stumped.. carnellian not known in the area or found with pyrite i didnt think?? . stocked the hard works paid off and heading back down this weekend. cheers DL :)

1437486455_20150720_062558-1-1600x1331.jpg

Some really nice finds there mate,love the dogtooth calcite with the Epidote. Any chance the red material could be Mercury like they get in their Agate in America?

The matrix is quiet soft i dont think ill try expose anymore epidote although i am interested to see how its formed through the matrix. Not sure ill have a look now! Has the right bright colour for Mercury :) it looks asthough it contains small white calcite and magnatite crystals aswell as pyrite. And thanks! Will upload some more photos of magnatite crysyals and larger epidote species havnt had time to clean them as of yet. Also manage 10odd kilos of gympieite abit further down the road just before gympie

Latest posts