Unknown Button

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Chances are slim, but was wondering if anyone could help me I.D this button i found- Found on a ex school site that was opened in 1851.
1362896096_21790_4773299569307_1809354592_n.jpg

Nice find. Is it definitely a button and not a badge of something? And are there any markings on the back?

How do you tell the difference Nugget, just a single "half loop" on the back no markings visible.

Sometimes its hard to tell but if its got a loop on the back (for the thread to go through) as opposed to say a nub then its most likely a button. I'll keep looking around to see what I can find on it.

Thankyou very much If you need to know where i found it to possibly narrow it down just let me know.

Definitely looks chess related with the Knight piece and the checkerboard background.

cool find, certainly looks chess related, maybe a club or medal of some kind....
Interesting :)

Thanks so much guys!! If i ever get lost i know who im asking to find me :p

I was pointing towards something to do with school uniform!

Is there any online chess clubs or anything that might be able to give some more detail into what i found?

Sometimes chess piece emblems are used like regimental badges. The Brits' Royal Family touring circus of security bodyguards all wear plainclothes of course, but have a rook badge on their lapels.

Latest posts