Under water scope

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joe said:
Question, would this work or is anyone using this as under water scope? (2.4 LCD Video Inspection Camera Pipe Borescope Endoscope waterproof TV output) can add 3M extention, comes with 1M

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/175/1382674281_642198629_tp.jpg
Hi Joe
Got one of these at work. They arnt the easiest screens to read.The light source just isnt bright enough on mine. Remind me to bring it out next time we catch up for a dig and you can have a play with it

I made one of these many years ago with the black inside, whilst it's awesome for viewing underwater, I haven't found anything of value.....yet. 8.(

Cheers, Paul.

Has anyone actually found gold using one of these? Or are you just looking for crevices with them?

The primary idea of these is to allow clear viewing through the surface reflection/refraction when working underwater or looking for areas to work.

Yes Marked and at Dr Rocks it also helps spot the blue ring octopus or crabs before you get one on your hand.

Yeah Ive got an endoscope too and they are not good outdoors. If anyone needs some perspex, I have a sheet of it in my workshop that should do the trick. Used but it should do.
You can get some off me when I return after dec 1

kleinman98 said:
Love the handle Beagle. Think Ive got one of those out back

Hi John. It is a handle from a drill or angle grinder. I bought it at flee market for a dollar. You just put a nut on it with some large washers and job done.

In my hunt for a cheap alternative to perspex.. $65 for a 600 x 900 sheet at a local hardware,I called in to Officeworks and bought a clear plastic clipboard for $2. I will make a tutorial when i make mine soon.. may not be til next week as have big weekend planned.. no gold prospecting unfortunately :(
Cheers Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
In my hunt for a cheap alternative to perspex.. $65 for a 600 x 900 sheet at a local hardware,I called in to Officeworks and bought a clear plastic clipboard for $2. I will make a tutorial when i make mine soon.. may not be til next week as have big weekend planned.. no gold prospecting unfortunately :(
Cheers Tone

Tone, I got mine from ebay. See link below. It was $7.99 with free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300716774573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thanks for the link Beagleboy, I like to get as much as much of my gear from a local shop (albeit a chain store) that I can, for $2 I cant go wrong..

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Thanks for the link Beagleboy, I like to get as much as much of my gear from a local shop (albeit a chain store) that I can, for $2 I cant go wrong..

Cheers, Tone

Thats a very good idea with the clip board. It is very hard plastic and can shatter when you cut it so be careful. Plexiglass is very easy to cut. Let me know how you get on with it. I think your Dremmel tool should do the job easy.
At Bunnings they sell plexiglass which is used for safe guards but it is little bit too thick and it cost $30.

Made one about 25 years ago and used it at Nundle. It's 100x50 white pvc downpipe, figured the angle might be ok to get closer into a crevice. Must get it out of the shed for next trip. Friends made one as well. Yes, the kids were able to have a good look under the water and yes, did find some. A couple of little vials are somewhere here to be found among the stuff in the shed.

Thanks again Beagle for your comments.

I see that many have looked into water before using pvc & perspex, some too with cameras. I have loads of 50, 90 & 100mm in the garage, but again like most who posted in the forum - no perspex.

I did not mention in the previous post that the usb colour camera has 4 leds that allow brightness adjustment by moving a sliding button fitted on the usb cable.
I may have hit a snag with using a tablet to view or record the cameras operation should I decide to buy one. My laptop was running Windows and the tablets are often using an Android operating systems. Windows tablets are available but their pricing is unattractive to run what I need it for. I posted a question on a tech website about compatibility & await their response.

Cheers
Ron

Jacko said:
Made one about 25 years ago and used it at Nundle. It's 100x50 white pvc downpipe, figured the angle might be ok to get closer into a crevice. Must get it out of the shed for next trip. Friends made one as well. Yes, the kids were able to have a good look under the water and yes, did find some. A couple of little vials are somewhere here to be found among the stuff in the shed.

kkkk Crikey!!! :eek: i remember now using them 38 years ago out in the Coral Sea on the Outer Barrier reef. Me and the new bride flew out of Shute Harbour in a Sea Plane (about the same size as a VeeDub with wings and the prop was at the back too...). It's a spooky feeling standing on the reef ankle deep in water and doing 360 and all you can see is water to the horizon. Because the wind was strong and rippling the surface of the water so much we woulda seen nothing with out those scopes..
casper
1418377908_screen_shot_2014-12-12_at_8.50.56_pm.png

Latest posts