Tuena NSW still giving

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozaurum said:
A few more puddles are filling up.

Hi ,

is that B' ?

what size suction hose do you want ?

i have 5 metres of 1.5 inch you can have for $ 20 if you want . good PVC grey hose but i hate using it coz it wont roll up into a tight roll for carrying in my ute toolbox

also have a brass foot valve and strainer for $10 if you need that too

i paid $ 60 for them plus postage originally

i will be up that way in the next week so let me know

Too busy at the moment/ hose later.

Machine finished today.

I have use of it for a few days.

With getting to Tuena. I'm in the Campbelltown area. To me...it makes sense going via Goulburn then the Blue Mountains. Better trip from a fuel point of view and better scenery? Would I be correct?

Can you send personal messages to people on this site , walnliz looking to get hold of you for some tuena tips . Possibly purchasing one of your hi bankers as well

GOLD Billyen said:
With getting to Tuena. I'm in the Campbelltown area. To me...it makes sense going via Goulburn then the Blue Mountains. Better trip from a fuel point of view and better scenery? Would I be correct?

I am not far from you and going via blue mountains is only 10 minutes difference , I think going goulburn way is better as there are more traffic lanes whereas if there is one broken down truck in the blue mountains you better start learning to play "I spy" to pass the time

1989mitty said:
Can you send personal messages to people on this site , walnliz looking to get hold of you for some tuena tips . Possibly purchasing one of your hi bankers as well

When you have 10 posts you get access to messaging but make them genuine posts otherwise the little robot inside the computer comes out and puts superglue on your keyboard and thumbtacks on your chair

Which gets messy and a bit embarrassing when you're spotted walking around with thumbtacks glued to one hand and a keyboard to the other

( just kidding - some people try to make 10 posts that all say "bump" which is against forum rules)

GOLD Billyen said:

Just to give you a headsup , tuena general store sells fuel and some grocery items but they don't open until 2 pm on some days and close at 2pm on others

There is a good campground there with toilet ( and showers that require a $1 coin )

Nice little town but there are no single women there so you need to bring your own if you have room to strap them on your roof rack

No mobile phone coverage there either

Last time I was in Tuena, some years ago(see Gem and Treasure July 1989) you had to fight off the snakes to get across the river to pick the blackberries,yummy. :p
Hope things have changed.
Cheers
Mackka

How much is crown land vs private , has it been mines heavy . Also are gemstones being found out there as well .

1989mitty said:
How much is crown land vs private , has it been mines heavy . Also are gemstones being found out there as well .

Gemstones are more often found "down the road" at Grabben Gullen

There are massive piles of tailings to be seen there from mine workings in the goldrush days

There are areas there where copper slag was brought in as landfill so a detector will go off its nut in places

HeadsUp said:
GOLD Billyen said:

Just to give you a headsup , tuena general store sells fuel and some grocery items but they don't open until 2 pm on some days and close at 2pm on others

There is a good campground there with toilet ( and showers that require a $1 coin )

Nice little town but there are no single women there so you need to bring your own if you have room to strap them on your roof rack

No mobile phone coverage there either

Man...did that every strike a mental image in my head.

I now have to completely re-do my camping purchase check list...I mean totally re-do it. :cool:

Latest posts