Trespassing signs!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! I've got a photo of a good one I took when I was a young bloke. I'll seek it out and post it. Good thread Dave :Y:

1587946442_trespass.jpg

I pulled out my old photos to find this one as promised earlier.

I was on my motorbike in 1983 somewhere near Kyneton in Vic, when I thought I'd found a back road short cut on the way back to Melbourne. All was good until I came to this bullet riddled sign on a locked gate. Needless to say, I turned around and went the long way home.

1587977324_trespasssign.jpg

My job took me to New Zealand frequently and once whilst driving from Auckland down to Hamilton I passed a brown Tourist Attraction sign, you know the ones that have white lettering on a brown background, and it was pointing the way to the Rangiriri Pa which was the site of a significant battle between the Maori and the British. Having a longtime interest in the Maori and King Wars I thought I'd check that out on my return trip and see what remained of the ingenious earthwork defences the Maori were renowned for. Two days later on my return trip to Auckland I turned off the highway and found myself on a winding track through lush green grassed mounds and ditches, a small british cemetery in the bottom of one, this is really interesting.... the track is climbing, excitement building, left hand bend and then abruptly there is a gate across the track and a sign "F___Off This is Maori Land" :8 .... And I did

When I served in Malaysia, the military base had No Entry Signs on the surrounding fence.

They were written in English, Bahasa Malay, Tamil, Chinese and Arabic.

Plus, just in case someone could not read, there was a "Stick Figure" drawing of a Man pointing a Rifle with lines coming from the muzzle to represent it being fired. In front of the rifle was another stick man, pictured with an arched back, one hand on the back and a representation of blood spatter.

Shot in the back, you might say, lol. But up there, if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, the second thing they did was ask questions. :)

I wish I could find a picture....... hopefully the description makes the point.

Latest posts