Total so far

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Righto here's my tally so far :Y: now I've worked out how to edit photos you can all have a gander, yep it did happen :D. The coin is a 1916 threepence found in 2016 was a cool :cool: find. The gold has come from different areas most from Rushworth and Whroo. The bottom left is the 1st piece found with the 2300 weighs just over 2g, gold with quartz. op right was found with the 5000 using 17x9 NF Advantage at about 10 inches in hard packed ground the rest is from both machines.

1498123512_1498122281_total_so_far_june_2017_photo_2.jpg

Oops don't know how to rotate it was hoping it'd be 90deg clockwise. Doh something else I need to learn :p

Noogle said:
Fantastic! Keep it up mate....nice little collection.What does your smallest nugget weigh and what machine did you find it with?

Thanks Noogle to be honest I'm not sure of weights with the smaller ones 0.03 is 1 I know. Pretty much all the small pieces have been found with the 2300 the smallest with the 5000 (12x7 NF Advantage coil) was around 0.2 surprised me when I saw it in the scoop. The total weight of all gold is 10.37.

Great effort RM, photo looks good :Y: :lol:
I find great satisfaction in finding the little tiddlers. Sub 0.1's
Maby that because i only get the tiddlers :D lol

Not to far away (south) BF if you want to catch up give me a shout and we can organise a time. What GPX are you getting.

That'd be great! %90 sure ill end up with the 5000. Its my first serious detector though so I've just been doing lots of research. If I cant quiet meet the price point I may end up with a 4500 with some add-ons instead

LORD said:
Great effort RM, photo looks good :Y: :lol:
I find great satisfaction in finding the little tiddlers. Sub 0.1's
Maby that because i only get the tiddlers :D lol

Thanks LORD, I get satisfaction with every bit of colour. I'll keep giving it my best shot to improve my pb when that happens I have to start again :Y:.

brentferguson said:
That'd be great! %90 sure ill end up with the 5000. Its my first serious detector though so I've just been doing lots of research. If I cant quiet meet the price point I may end up with a 4500 with some add-ons instead

The new 45's get good reports and have a good following there's people better than me to ask. Grab what you can afford and include a decent coil in the mix.

That has been my main conundrum. Weighing up if a 4500 with top end coil can rival a stock 5000 (as I couldnt initially afford any add-ons). Like I said, im really new to it so relied a lot on advice from Miners Den who've been helpful. Whatever I end up with though I will have in approximately a fortnights time so ill let you know and see if we can tee something up. My knowledge of detectors isnt great but I know my area very well so hopefully I can be of some use :)

brentferguson said:
That has been my main conundrum. Weighing up if a 4500 with top end coil can rival a stock 5000 (as I couldnt initially afford any add-ons). Like I said, im really new to it so relied a lot on advice from Miners Den who've been helpful. Whatever I end up with though I will have in approximately a fortnights time so ill let you know and see if we can tee something up. My knowledge of detectors isnt great but I know my area very well so hopefully I can be of some use :)

BF go to Metal Detectors - Minelab section and have a read of some threads for some info or just use the search option and type in 4500. You'll soon recognise the members who know their stuff. Some great info in this section, from what I can gather a new version 45 with top end coil is a great combination. Not saying anything bad about Miners Den they know there stuff, this will help you with your decision maybe.

It'll help get your post count up to 10 and then your good to go with private messages :Y:.

Yeah I've never been a big reader but I've found myself digging deep into that section of the forum and reading for hours on end to find some very knowledgeable people indeed. Thanks for your opinion. Was not my intention to hijack your thread so i'll leave it at that and shoot you a PM when I'm good to go. Appreciate

brentferguson said:

You will have a great machine with the 4500 and the stock 11" Commander mono to learn the GPX if money is short. Pick up an evo or elite coil latter on and you have a killer combo at a great price. Learn the machine and you will be up there with the best of them. :Y:

RM Outback said:
Righto here's my tally so far :Y: now I've worked out how to edit photos you can all have a gander, yep it did happen :D. The coin is a 1916 threepence found in 2016 was a cool :cool: find. The gold has come from different areas most from Rushworth and Whroo. The bottom left is the 1st piece found with the 2300 weighs just over 2g, gold with quartz. op right was found with the 5000 using 17x9 NF Advantage at about 10 inches in hard packed ground the rest is from both machines.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1498122281_total_so_far_june_2017_photo_2.jpg

Oops don't know how to rotate it was hoping it'd be 90deg clockwise. Doh something else I need to learn :p

Great collection RM, :Y: Well done man.

Yeah I have all sorts of dramas getting pics the right way up :(

Latest posts