Torrington Area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as i know the 'Conservation' area is still OK.... Its the State Forest area that is still closed from the Fires. .Also beware of falling Trees and Branches from any Fire Damaged areas... I know some who have been very lucky lately not to get hurt... :argh:

Lots of big changes there now after the Fossicking District was shrunk to allow a mining company Exclusive access... And with that the loss of 80+% of Fossicking areas are now No go zones FOREVER... Pacific Copper is a no go area as well now... But i think you can still access 'the Dam' area .... :mad:

Thanks 'You know who'.....So much for having Organisations ' batting' for us... Useless......... :mad:

And Who-ever gave out my Phone Number(only 4 people from this Forum have my number, so pretty easy who it was...) to a Government Department Employee, I thank them, as that has shed some light on what is really going on.. :/

All i can say at this stage is "Lock-out NSW"... Big plans are in the Pipeline, and everyone will be very unhappy soon....

LW...

Neez said:
Hi, Im on my very first fossicking trip around Torrington. A pair of complete novices with a map from the information centre and a ton of enthusiasm. Were confused by the private property signs on some tracks. Are people no longer allowed to pass through the conservation area?

Better off going to Tingha... Ask at the info centre at Inverell for the New areas that Fossicking is allowed...

LW...

LoneWolf said:
As far as i know the 'Conservation' area is still OK.... Its the State Forest area that is still closed from the Fires. .Also beware of falling Trees and Branches from any Fire Damaged areas... I know some who have been very lucky lately not to get hurt... :argh:

Lots of big changes there now after the Fossicking District was shrunk to allow a mining company Exclusive access... And with that the loss of 80+% of Fossicking areas are now No go zones FOREVER... Pacific Copper is a no go area as well now... But i think you can still access 'the Dam' area .... :mad:

Thanks 'You know who'.....So much for having Organisations ' batting' for us... Useless......... :mad:

And Who-ever gave out my Phone Number(only 4 people from this Forum have my number, so pretty easy who it was...) to a Government Department Employee, I thank them, as that has shed some light on what is really going on.. :/

All i can say at this stage is "Lock-out NSW"... Big plans are in the Pipeline, and everyone will be very unhappy soon....

LW...
Thank you for that info. So, its still a publicly owned trail and we arent trespassing. Unfortunately weve had a bit of rain so will have to leave that area for another day.
Flogging off exploration leases without consideration for existing use or the wider impacts is very disappointing.

LoneWolf said:
Its only the start of killing off our Outdoor Hobbies... Lots of Dirty deals going on behind closed doors .... :|

LW....

Im astonished a tungsten mine was approved for exploration right next to a conservation area with current recreation use, historically and culturally significant and having 45 known endangered species. The loss and damage from the fires was horrific. This EL should be revoked. It places existing sustainable industries and recreational activities at risk.
Just looked it up and tungsten dust is nightly explosive and combustible with oxygen. Thatll be a hot mix with the higher temperatures weve been experiencing.
tungsten compounds should be regarded as highly toxic. The metal dust presents a fire and explosion hazard.
There are major risks with this mine thatll line a few shareholders pockets for a short term. Hard to trust a mob who mine uranium in Namibia. We know theres uranium in the area there. What next?

Sorry but its not Tungsten or Bismuth they want.. But they will be a Bi-product when and if they mine.. Its the Silexite they are after... Industrial Topaz... Torrington has the worlds largest untapped deposit... :D

And now in recent times they have found uses for the Mineral...

As for Radio-active Minerals, there are quite a few locations in the area with various Minerals found, but Deposits are un-viable to mine.... Torbernite is the most common that i know of in the area... Back in the 60's the radioactive minerals were heavily looked into, but just not enough there...

Yes lots of Dirty deals done recently State-wide. New Premier= New dirty deals... People on here would be shocked who is involved... trust me...

So much for declaring Fossicking Districts that can be wiped out or severely reduced/altered to appease a Mining Company at any time with-out notice...
But im not at liberty to disclose exactly 'Who' it is ATM... :|

LW...

Hi, Im on my very first fossicking trip around Torrington. A pair of complete novices with a map from the information centre and a ton of enthusiasm. Were confused by the private property signs on some tracks. Are people no longer allowed to pass through the conservation area?
There are certain areas back under mining lease that you can't enter.

Fords Hill is one of the best Smokey Locations at Torrington...... ;) , 2WD friendly
The OLD Emerald mine(James Hill) has been bulldozed and not there anymore,,, 8.( you can still find small bits of Beryl there tho. Big Carpark now.. but well fractured from said Bulldozer... Maybe 2wd at the moment
But there is the 'other' Emerald mine, de Milhous Lode that has been opened by a property owner on Gulf Road via Emmaville. :) .. Good Beryl/Emerald/Topaz/Tin/Fluorite have all been found there... He has also set-up the Emmaville Geology Centre on his property... Best place to find out about this place is the Emmaville Mining Museum... Steve, the owner of de Milhous is a volunteer there...2wd OK
You would be lucky to find a good size Topaz in Blatherarm Ck now... Dingo Ck is good but 4x4.... Steve's number is 02 67347394... Good Luck and Most tracks are Not on most Maps especially That map, Mole Tableland...so don't get Lost 8)
Silent Grove Lode is STRICTLY Private Property and you might get a not nice Surprise if you try..... :lol:
Yes it is Mr Tumbles at Deepwater... If you do Facebook...Try ...The Emmaville Emerald Mine and Geology Centre Page... or something like that.. :rolleyes:

Torrington is not Like it used to be... Goodies are getting harder to find now.... 8)

LoneWolf.....
Hey lonewolf,
Drop me a line if your around. Last post was 5 yrs ago so who knows lol
Ty
Trudi

Might be best to start here:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forums/introduce-yourself.16/Introduce yourself & tell members what you are hoping to do fossicking/prospecting + general area. Should be members willing to help with some general information or who knows, someone may even invite you to join them in the field.

Latest posts