Tooloom, Tabulam, Drake, Clarence headwaters,Warwick,Thane, Glendon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks
I have just activated a 2013 thread regarding prospecting in Drake / Tabulam / Tooloom / Clarene area. I have recently moved back to the area from Sydney. Am a member of Prospectors Home Club based in Parramatta and member of NAPFA. Experienced (though hardly highly successful) at Upper Shoalhaven and Central West (Mostly Turon, Hill End, Hargraves, Windeyer and around Oberon. Have research spots all around Drake and go out there on occasions. Looking to find a few folks who are keen to go .. maybe start an unofficial club. I live in Ballina.

Peter Panner

Paddles

Hi to everyone , I am situated on the sunshine coast hinterland, I have just spent the last month at Ravenswood and stayed in the showgrounds caravan park, that's a gold nugget in itself $75-00 per week or $15-00 per night with all amenities included. the town is declared heritage listed but the gold mining is all owned by Capricorn Gold and it doesn't give one much space to play in, and if you overstep the mark, the law is ready to relieve you of all of your possessions.
Do stay away from " Grass Hut "cattle and horse stud as they supply the site for your van/ tent, then they charge $50-00 per day to fossick on their land plus $35-00 for the van site and you can work this expense off by shovelling horse / cow manure for three hours per day no money changing hands so if you shovel crap for half a day then you are really paying $100-00 per day to fossick. think about it.
I am retired and have plenty of time to fossick but don't want to spend a fortune to find it.
Cheers
Paddles

Latest posts