Too Lazy To Detect

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the term: "procrastinating" to laziness. It sounds like it's more.... well something.
1577011557_procrastinators.jpg

Merry procrastinating Christmas to all :)

I have the same problem on a regular basis. I moved to Cue to be close to the gold but you still have to get out there and there's always something else holding me back. I've suspect mild depression at times. If I dose up on my zinc I magically find more motivation to do whatever needs to be done.

We had to come over here to Geraldton to do a little shopping amongst other things prior to Christmas. I didn't want to be packing excess such as vitamins so a week before we were due to leave I took my daily high potency zinc fix. What a difference it made. I even grabbed my squash gear when ducking out the door and Thursday played an hour of squash for the first time in more than two years. Mrs M even had a gentle hit but even though we said we'd be back today for another hit we're still suffering from pain in those muscles we'd forgot we had :)

ZMA is a good product if you're looking at supplementation.
Good to take at night before bed, and avoid taking with calcium rich foods :Y:

Hey all.
I did get out after I put my second sock on.
All was a usual first hour or so. Found the usual junk. Bullet casings and a bit of lead.
Lots of ground noise as well which I loathe. Then I got on a faint signal near a tree.
Hmm.. I'm thinking...what now? Anyway as the saying goes.
Dig everything.
Started digging and I'm at least 30 cm down and the signal is getting louder all along. Hard packed undug ground. Looking good.
Dug a few more cm's and that was it. I was knackerd.
I needed a rest and water. The car was about 200 meters away so I thought I would walk up get some water and come back with the pinpointer.
Got to the car. Rested, had a drink and off I went looking for my hole. Minus detector.
And that's when the fun started. And this is a perfect example of how easy it is to get lost in the bush.
I could not for the life of me relocate the tree with the freshly dug hole.
I was certain the location was at about a 35 degree angle from the car. No? Where is it?
Spent the next 2 hours gridding out the area mentally and walking around ranting like a lunatic with a pick in hand.
Nearly gave up but the thought of someone else finding it and what was in it kept me going.
Finally!! Found the bugger which was in a dead straight line to the car.
Stick the pointer in and it's going of like a rocket. Thoughts of a nice big nuggie are going through my head.
Dig about another 5 cm's down. Scoop, target is out.
Bugger me. What's this piece of green tinged metal doing down here. Spat the dummy filled the hole and came back to beerland down the road.?
I'll post pics when I get them of the phone.

Yes MB, but just like every other body requirement, including iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamins and the list goes on and on.
Most of us get enough zinc and these others naturally. With old age, we may need more?
I heard recently on a medical report, that if the human was to be a natural trained hunter gatherer again, without modern foods, medicines and medical facilities, that our average genomes would see us at 37 years average life-span. What great advances in diet, food and medical care have gotten us where we are today!

Latest posts