Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm consistently silver ,.... well, I am silver ]:D
thanks fellas (I am trying my hardest) :D
those little blighters were trying to hide on me, but I fathomed them out. ;)

Gotta love digging those $2 coins too mate, they quickly add up! I got $22 in $1 & $2 with my old 705 at a public swimming hole in north Qld.

Wimbo said:
Gotta love digging those $2 coins too mate, they quickly add up! I got $22 in $1 & $2 with my old 705 at a public swimming hole in north Qld.
Ya do know they overload when close to the suface Wimbo ,.... like a nice tight little alluminium soft drink can ,... illusive little suckers at times, with people just walking over them n away hey ! :Y:

Well..... I tried ! :(
got a coupla park coins :)
hit the wet sand and scored a few cringe coins :|
hit the high sand (still dampish) ,.... got a signal under a few roots.... looked okayish.... sounded good ,...... but..... gaia had a price to pay for this one..... the root (on pulling)gave a pop and flung a spoon full a sand up into my left eye (all good) gave it a wipe n a pat n I could see.... great... n a silver find to boot....(more on this later)
anyway on to the finds
here's the score
1514426038_screenshot_2017-12-28-11-36-36.jpg

and here's my silver culprit
1957 3d
1514426117_screenshot_2017-12-28-11-33-52.jpg

anyway.... got home n thought I'd better wash any other sand away from that eye (you know.... just to be safe sorta thing).
Well the sand that musta been there still, washed into my eye..... just a dilemma aftermath from gaia (guess it's still her sand hey ! :( )
All good in the end, but what does she want for some of her silver now :rolleyes: ,.... sacrifice ? :eek:

Thanks fellas ,... Mrs S is long term crook atm so getting out has to be timed well with all her needs previously catered for so that everything's easy peasy for her (but she's got to be up to that as well at the time). If she's not ok I can't even think about it (can't help looking though..... but it feels like cheating lol.... with my tecta) :D

Well, I thought I'd like to go out on a high note n find me last coins of the year. :p
There was a dollar coin n a ten cent piece but that's just hearsay as theirs no photo cause they're still in the boot of the car. :lol:
But I did bring in my crowning glory for a quick picky.
1927 6d (from some hard pack)
heads I win. ]:D
1514705779_screenshot_2017-12-31-17-29-48.jpg

something about the 20's (Ijust like em) :D
1514705884_screenshot_2017-12-31-17-29-31.jpg

well that'll be me for the year ! 8) not sure what my tally is but there'll be a few at least. :Y:
Was a good year, thanks for looking in ,..... I feel better this end of the year healthwise n it's all down to havin a swing to help loosen up the bones n muscles a bit. N I feel good for havin got out at different times with a few mates n havin us all come away with a bit of silver to show for it most times as well.
My advice to one n all.
The years roll by..... so don't waste a minute. ;)

Nice way to see out 2017 and bring in 2018 with a Crowning Glory 6d Silver mate, it's been a pleasure to witness many nice finds from you. All the best and Happy New Year mate. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Nice way to see out 2017 and bring in 2018 with a Crowning Glory 6d Silver mate, it's been a pleasure to witness many nice finds from you. All the best and Happy New Year mate. :) :Y:
Cheers gda, might get to go out before sparrow fart yet to bring in the new year too. Recon we all been pretty deadly this year with our finds ,.... hope the new years full if good luck and great finds for ya'$. :rainbow: O:)
:party: :party: :party:

went out to a local beach yesterday took my gp 3000 down with my son . got a grand total of $1.50 an a fair amount of trash .as this was the first time on the beach with this detector a was a bit supprised by some of the depth i got twice we found can ring pulls at about 450mm and a coin at this depth 10 cent piece still it was a fun couple of hours for the last day of the years . cheers everyone have an exciting and prosperous year at whatever location you find yout
r selves in

Snicker said:
went out to a local beach yesterday took my gp 3000 down with my son . got a grand total of $1.50 an a fair amount of trash .as this was the first time on the beach with this detector a was a bit supprised by some of the depth i got twice we found can ring pulls at about 450mm and a coin at this depth 10 cent piece still it was a fun couple of hours for the last day of the years . cheers everyone have an exciting and prosperous year at whatever location you find yout
r selves in
At least you know it's working Snickers :Y:
Can't say I'd enjoy digging to china for ringpulls lol ,.... but it coulda been a gold ring too hey ! :D As long as ya's had fun, that's the main thing ! ;)
:Y: O:) :Y:

I decided to kick the year off this morning at 2am with a trip to the coast.... hoping to score well, as what you get on the first day will happen similarly every day (so they recon) ]:D
Anyway..... lookin like I'm in for a good enough year for 2018.
Here's the hunt
1514767178_screenshot_2018-01-01-10-15-08.jpg

heads I win again :lol:
1514767220_screenshot_2018-01-01-10-16-03.jpg

not the best shilling in the world :eek:
1514767298_screenshot_2018-01-01-10-15-32.jpg

but I'm liking the date
1913 12d (shilling)
1514767376_screenshot_2018-01-01-10-15-44.jpg

So ,..... I've started this year off a little better than how I finished off the last one .
Just need to find a few nice old florins this year..... that'll keep me happy ! :D

Jaros said:
1913 - great work Silver-a great year ahead for you.
I'm hoping so Jaros..... this might be the year of coil on the ground for you too mate ! :Y:
Been waiting patiently with ya to see your style n behold what you gather in from gaia. 8) :p :rainbow: :party: :party:

silver said:
Snicker said:
r selves in
At least you know it's working Snickers :Y:
Can't say I'd enjoy digging to china for ringpulls lol ,.... but it coulda been a gold ring too hey ! :D As long as ya's had fun, that's the main thing ! ;)
:Y: O:) :Y:
:Y: :)

Thanks Silver--I hope so too. Have a great 2018 mate-poetry?

silver said:
Jaros said:
1913 - great work Silver-a great year ahead for you.
I'm hoping so Jaros..... this might be the year of coil on the ground for you too mate ! :Y:
Been waiting patiently with ya to see your style n behold what you gather in from gaia. 8) :p :rainbow: :party: :party:

Latest posts